Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Brewtarget 2.0 Update

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2013, 03:28 PM   #131
Wyrmwood
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunk27 View Post
Sorry if I'm missing your point and you already know this, but you can right-click on the recipe in the main pane and select "brew it" from the menu to get an instance of a brew (day) where you can record initial/final gravities/volumes and other notes and have ABV etc calculated for you.
Did not even know that was there! Thanks for the tip!
"Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine, a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy." Ben Franklin

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2013, 03:30 PM   #132
Wyrmwood
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyrmwood View Post
Did not even know that was there! Thanks for the tip!
Is there any way to change the brew date? (So I can add notes from other files for historical brews?)
"Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine, a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy." Ben Franklin

Old 08-30-2013, 03:49 PM   #133
mikfire
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyrmwood View Post
Is there any way to change the brew date? (So I can add notes from other files for historical brews?)
Yes. In version 2 or later, select the brewnote from the tree and right click on it. There should be an option to change the date.

No brew plan survives contact with Murphy

Old 08-31-2013, 05:34 AM   #134
digitalMessiah
Recipes 

Likes Given: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikfire View Post
Can you try v2.0.1? There's been some wonkiness with the Mac builds and its the one platform I can't test or support. If v2.0.1 blows up on you, I will flag our Mac guy to see if he can help.

Thanks,
Mik
Boom - and there we go! Did not see 2.0.1 it on main download page but then found it on the list on launchpad.
Launched right away, imported my recipes. Now I just need to look into configuring brew in a bag for it.

Old 10-17-2013, 11:49 PM   #135
Ichthy
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I just downloaded 2.0.1 and am trying to merge my database from v2.0.0. I am selecting the default_db.sqlite file from the old version's data folder. When I do so, nothing happens, literally nothing. Am I selecting the correct file to merge or will I have to export each recipe individually as an .xml file?

Many thanks, and the software is great!

Old 10-18-2013, 02:24 PM   #136
mikfire
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichthy View Post
I just downloaded 2.0.1 and am trying to merge my database from v2.0.0. I am selecting the default_db.sqlite file from the old version's data folder. When I do so, nothing happens, literally nothing. Am I selecting the correct file to merge or will I have to export each recipe individually as an .xml file?

Many thanks, and the software is great!
The default_db.sqlite is the version of the db that ships. You should point at the database.sqlite. If you are on *nix, you will find it in ~/.config/brewtarget. But if you were on *nix, we would have found it automatically.

If you are on Windows, you will need to go hunting for it. Vista and later introduced "virtual folders" that .. do weird and inconsistent things. Weird because nobody expects it, inconsistent because the application sees one thing and the file browser sees another. Look somewhere in C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\brewtarget\data.

One of the big fixes in v2.0.2 will be to fix this behavior on Windows.

Ichthy Likes This 
Old 10-18-2013, 04:35 PM   #137
Ichthy
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikfire View Post
The default_db.sqlite is the version of the db that ships. You should point at the database.sqlite. If you are on *nix, you will find it in ~/.config/brewtarget. But if you were on *nix, we would have found it automatically.

If you are on Windows, you will need to go hunting for it. Vista and later introduced "virtual folders" that .. do weird and inconsistent things. Weird because nobody expects it, inconsistent because the application sees one thing and the file browser sees another. Look somewhere in C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\brewtarget\data.

One of the big fixes in v2.0.2 will be to fix this behavior on Windows.
You were correct the database.sqlite file is in the location (on windows 7) but the merge operation still doesn't work. Nothing happens and there are no error messages. I'll just wait for 2.0.2 to come out, unless there is something I'm doing wrong. Thanks for your help!

Old 10-21-2013, 11:36 PM   #138
mikfire
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichthy View Post
You were correct the database.sqlite file is in the location (on windows 7) but the merge operation still doesn't work. Nothing happens and there are no error messages. I'll just wait for 2.0.2 to come out, unless there is something I'm doing wrong. Thanks for your help!
Your only safe option is to make certain you have made a few backup copies before performing anything I recommend below. The database is just an sqlite file, so copying it around when brewtarget isn't running is fine.

I would configure brewtarget to look in a Dropboxed folder via Tools -> Options -> Directories, close brewtarget and then copy the old database into place. On the next start of brewtarget, you should get your old DB. The process will work for a local directory, or a network share or whatever.

Old 10-27-2013, 05:36 PM   #139
neomantra
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I'm still having some trouble with water volumes on extract/PM batches using v2.0.1. If I set my equipment to calculate the pre-boil for me and have a finishing batch size of 5.25gal it tells me I need a pre-boil volume of 6.88gal after calculating my losses. For an extract batch I assume this means I should put 6.88gal in the kettle top-up water box.

However when I go to use this equipment in a recipe it's saying my calculated batch size is 4.009gal instead of 5.25gal. I am not sure why, but I did notice when I generate brew day instructions I get the following as the first step:

"You should now have -1.430 gal wort. Add 6.880 gal water to the kettle, bringing pre-boil volume to 5.450 gal."

Where is that -1.430 value coming from? I think that is likely the problem.

Old 10-27-2013, 05:42 PM   #140
neomantra
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Nevermind, I think I figured out the issue. I had some of my grains set to be mashed instead of steeped by accident so I think it was an issue with absorption.

Quick Reply