Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Brewtarget 1.2 - Free open source brewing software

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2010, 11:13 PM   #51
Hillbilly_Bill
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Just in time!

I have been using BeerSmith on a trial basis and was dreading the day I would have fork out the cash for the program. Then I found the original thread and followed it through to this one. I waited for a while before I downloaded BrewTarget, but finally did so yesterday... I love it! This is great! Thanks to RocketMan and all of the others who are developing this fantastic piece of open source software.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2010, 11:37 PM   #52
rushbattle
Recipes 

I downloaded brewsmith to try out and compare with Brewtarget. Well, brewsmith is more fleshed out, but Brewtarget is a better design. Just a few more additions and it will be on par with brewsmith, and then a bit more and it will be definitely better. The only problem I have had with it is the temperature calcs for the mash because of the small bug in the mashtun equation somewhere.

Old 01-12-2010, 11:41 PM   #53
rushbattle
Recipes 

Also, can we donate money to help with the program? If I was a programmer, I would definitely help out, but I am a scientist and businessman, no coding for me!

Old 01-13-2010, 03:09 AM   #54
rocketman768
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushbattle View Post
Also, can we donate money to help with the program? If I was a programmer, I would definitely help out, but I am a scientist and businessman, no coding for me!
Yeah, of course! There's a link that says "Donate" in the upper right of the main page. Donations are very welcome. I could also use an upgraded membership

http://sourceforge.net/projects/brewtarget/

Old 01-13-2010, 05:13 PM   #55
JSomps6
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I downloaded the program and it opened with WinZip. When I double click brewtarget.exe to launch the install, I get the error message:

brewtarget.exe - Unable to Locate Component
"This application has failed to start because mingwm10.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem"

Well I reinstalled three times and am getting the same error.... any help?

Old 01-13-2010, 05:27 PM   #56
rocketman768

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSomps6 View Post
I downloaded the program and it opened with WinZip. When I double click brewtarget.exe to launch the install, I get the error message:

"This application has failed to start because mingwm10.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem"

You need to extract the whole folder to somewhere before trying to execute. brewtarget.exe is the actual program, and not an installer.

Old 01-13-2010, 05:47 PM   #57
masonsjax

Recipes 

Liked 333 Times on 240 Posts
Likes Given: 333

I installed in linux via the tarball. It worked great after I copied the xml files from /usr/local/share/brewtarget/ into my ~/.config/brewtarget/ (or whatever the paths are). Before doing that I was getting some DB not found errors. Thanks

Old 01-13-2010, 06:43 PM   #58
Hillbilly_Bill
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSomps6 View Post

When I extracted the files into the folder on the Desktop, I figured I would move the BrewTarget icon out of the folder onto the Desktop with all of the other shortcuts and I got a similar message when I double-clicked on the icon. When I moved it back into the folder and launched the program from there it ran fine. I imagine there is a workaround for this, but as long as the program works, all is ok.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:46 PM   #59
rocketman768

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly_Bill View Post
When I extracted the files into the folder on the Desktop, I figured I would move the BrewTarget icon out of the folder onto the Desktop with all of the other shortcuts and I got a similar message when I double-clicked on the icon. When I moved it back into the folder and launched the program from there it ran fine. I imagine there is a workaround for this, but as long as the program works, all is ok.
You can't move it out of it's directory. You can right click it and "send to desktop as shortcut" or whatever if you like.

Old 01-14-2010, 03:15 PM   #60
Hillbilly_Bill
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman768 View Post
You can't move it out of it's directory. You can right click it and "send to desktop as shortcut" or whatever if you like.
Of course... and it works great... definitely had a senior moment...
thanks again Rocketman
Bill

Quick Reply