Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Brewtarget 1.2.3 - Free Open Source Brewing Software

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2011, 06:47 PM   #141
mikfire
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoov View Post
I just noticed something similar. I am running Mac OSX 10.6. I added a yeast. There is a space labeled "Best For:" and one labeled "Notes:". When I populate the "Best For:" space the notes are not saved. The "Notes:" space seems to work fine.
That is something new, I think. I will check into it.

No brew plan survives contact with Murphy

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2011, 07:57 PM   #142
Ki-ri-n
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 42 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikfire View Post
I tried this on my win7 vmware image and it didn't have a problem either. I am wondering a few things. The first thing I noticed is that you only select the directory the back files are in, not the files themselves. A quick check of the code verifies that we are expecting some very specific file names on those backups (recipes.xml for the recipes, database.xml for the equipment, hops, etc. and mashs.xml for you custom mashes). Can you verify that these are the names of the files you are trying to import? If the names are different, could you rename them and then retry the import?

Mik
In by back up directory I only have; database.xml, recipes.xml and mashs.xml All files were output by BT. Both were using the latest version 1.2.3

I couldn't even import a single file

Old 07-11-2011, 02:48 PM   #143
mikfire
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki-ri-n View Post
In by back up directory I only have; database.xml, recipes.xml and mashs.xml All files were output by BT. Both were using the latest version 1.2.3

I couldn't even import a single file
Nope, I am stumped. Would you be willing to zip your files up and email them to me? If you use drop box, that would be useful too.

Mik

Old 07-11-2011, 04:19 PM   #144
heckels
Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 39 Posts

Is there a way to keep the timers going when moving from one step to another. More than once I've started a timer, looked ahead to see water vols, hop additions, etc only to come back and see my timer reset to 0...I also can't get the beep function to work. Using win7 with volume up.

Do love the product though!

Old 07-11-2011, 04:47 PM   #145
hawgwild81
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 180 Times on 128 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Is there a way to edit the brewing steps? I click on a step and edit the comments, but when I go to another step the comments go back to the default. I've tried saving the recipe between steps, but that doesn't work either. Any help would be much appreciated.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:52 PM   #146
mikfire
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgwild81 View Post
Is there a way to edit the brewing steps? I click on a step and edit the comments, but when I go to another step the comments go back to the default. I've tried saving the recipe between steps, but that doesn't work either. Any help would be much appreciated.
rocketman fixed this at the end of March. We are working towards a new release, but haven't scheduled anything definitive. You can either wait for the new release, or you can download the source from source forge and build the latest version (please! I have made some significant changes that likely broke all sorts of things and I need testers).

Mik

Old 07-11-2011, 09:27 PM   #147
Dahoov
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
rocketman fixed this at the end of March. We are working towards a new release, but haven't scheduled anything definitive. You can either wait for the new release, or you can download the source from source forge and build the latest version (please! I have made some significant changes that likely broke all sorts of things and I need testers).

Mik
I am willing to test but don't know how to build anything using Qt on the Mac. It has been a while since I built anything Linuxy either.

My "Home Draft" Mini Kegerator

Fly safe, soar high, go far...\__________O__________/

Old 07-11-2011, 10:08 PM   #148
hawgwild81
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 180 Times on 128 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikfire

Mik
I'm not sure how to build anything. If you can tell me what to do I'd be willing to test.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:22 PM   #149
Ki-ri-n
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 42 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Quote:
Nope, I am stumped. Would you be willing to zip your files up and email them to me? If you use drop box, that would be useful too.

Mik
Sent you a PM. BTW, what's "drop box"

Old 07-11-2011, 10:25 PM   #150
Dahoov
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki-ri-n View Post
Sent you a PM. BTW, what's "drop box"
https://www.dropbox.com/

Another of the many "Cloud" storage utilities. Of the ones I have used I find it the most useful and easy to use.

My "Home Draft" Mini Kegerator

Fly safe, soar high, go far...\__________O__________/

Quick Reply