The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Brewtarget 1.2.3 - Free Open Source Brewing Software

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2011, 09:09 PM   #131
Wyrmwood
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 56

So I can't seem to add/edit the brewday instructions. I can delete them and generate them, but I cannot edit or modify them. Is this intended?

"Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine, a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy." Ben Franklin

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2011, 04:49 AM   #132
shmEk
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 4

You guys rock... thanks for the very cool program. It's very cool to see the development. I'm still messing with it since I'm a noob to brewing, but it is nice to play with thus far.

Still trying to figure out how to get dry hopping into a build, but I figure there has to be something for this.
*edit* DUuuuhh..played with it for two days different occasions. Posted here and then 5 mins later I find the pulldown for dry hopping. Isn't that how stuff goes?*/edit*

Thanks again, and I shall have to contribute by way of donation since I can't help with programming knowledge.

Last edited by shmEk; 05-25-2011 at 04:55 AM. Reason: dry hop solved

Old 06-25-2011, 04:01 PM   #133
Ki-ri-n
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I seem to be having problems importing my database. I upgraded my pc (win2k>Win7) and BT on the new PC doesn't see the backed up .xml files.

Is it just me?

Old 06-27-2011, 10:49 PM   #134
mikfire
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki-ri-n View Post
I seem to be having problems importing my database. I upgraded my pc (win2k>Win7) and BT on the new PC doesn't see the backed up .xml files.

Is it just me?
So far, yes. I have done a few tests and I am not seeing the problem. But I am running on Linux and this may be an OS specific kind of thing. I will warm up my win7 vmware image and see if I can reproduce this.

Mik

No brew plan survives contact with Murphy

Old 06-27-2011, 11:37 PM   #135
Ki-ri-n

Recipes 

Thanks

It would be nice to move BT over to a PC closer to where I brew. Old one is still available but it's on my bar top in the basement.

Old 07-02-2011, 07:29 PM   #136
Ki-ri-n

Recipes 

Well, BT sees it, sort of. I doesn't see it (.xml) when restoring. Importing recipes it does. However, it didn't seem to import anything. Just the "basic" ones that came with BT.

Drag & drop the xml files from the back up to where BT is and still nothing. Any ideas?

Old 07-03-2011, 12:37 PM   #137
Starderup
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyrmwood View Post
So I can't seem to add/edit the brewday instructions. I can delete them and generate them, but I cannot edit or modify them. Is this intended?
I am also running Ubuntu, and the latest version of BT. I noticed that when I added another hop addition, it didn't show up. I can't add that step manually. When I insert the step, add the text, go to another step and then back to the manually added step, the text is blank.

<priceless quote>My dog dropped his bone in my fermentor while I wasn't looking.</end quote>

Old 07-03-2011, 02:03 PM   #138
Dahoov
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starderup View Post
I am also running Ubuntu, and the latest version of BT. I noticed that when I added another hop addition, it didn't show up. I can't add that step manually. When I insert the step, add the text, go to another step and then back to the manually added step, the text is blank.
I just noticed something similar. I am running Mac OSX 10.6. I added a yeast. There is a space labeled "Best For:" and one labeled "Notes:". When I populate the "Best For:" space the notes are not saved. The "Notes:" space seems to work fine.

My "Home Draft" Mini Kegerator

Fly safe, soar high, go far...\__________O__________/

Old 07-03-2011, 06:29 PM   #139
mikfire
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki-ri-n View Post
Well, BT sees it, sort of. I doesn't see it (.xml) when restoring. Importing recipes it does. However, it didn't seem to import anything. Just the "basic" ones that came with BT.

Drag & drop the xml files from the back up to where BT is and still nothing. Any ideas?
Sorry, I found myself on an unexpected vacation at the beach. It kind of took priority

I tried this on my win7 vmware image and it didn't have a problem either. I am wondering a few things. The first thing I noticed is that you only select the directory the back files are in, not the files themselves. A quick check of the code verifies that we are expecting some very specific file names on those backups (recipes.xml for the recipes, database.xml for the equipment, hops, etc. and mashs.xml for you custom mashes). Can you verify that these are the names of the files you are trying to import? If the names are different, could you rename them and then retry the import?

Mik

Old 07-03-2011, 06:46 PM   #140
mikfire
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starderup View Post
When you say "didn't show up", which tab didn't it show up in? The Hops tab on the main window or in the brewday instructions?

Are you using version 1.2.3 or did you download the source from the svn repository and build? If it was the first option, I think rocketman has already fixed this around revision 460. If you have an older build from the source, try refreshing the code. I fixed a similar problem somewhere around rev 496.

If you are building from the most recent source, let me know and I will try to recreate the problem.

Quick Reply