New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > BrewTarget 1.2.2 - Is there a brew day summary screen? (not the mode)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2010, 08:18 PM   #1
culturejam
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default BrewTarget 1.2.2 - Is there a brew day summary screen? (not the mode)

Ok, *besides* the Brew Day Mode window that shows each step as a list item (and you can only see the details of one step at a time)....

Is there a way within BrewTarget 1.2.2 to show a summary of the recipe, including the hop schedule and mash schedule?

I know I can export the text to the clipboard and then paste it into Word or Tex Edit. I'm just curious if the recipe, in total, can be viewed from within the application?

It would also be awesome, but certainly not required, if the brewday instructions could be output directly to HTML. As in, through the FILE menu.

This is just nitpicky stuff, though. Overall, I'd easily rate BrewTarget as the best open-source brewing application, and it's as good (or better) than most of the commercial applications. My hat is off to the developer for giving me a Mash Designer that totally makes sense with the way I think about setting up a mash.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2010, 11:31 PM   #2
mikfire
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 20

If you are willing, use subversion to get the most recent version (rev 308 or later). It has a print preview and print function that will give you what you are looking for. As it is implemented via a browser, html and css I suppose you might be able to right-click and do a save as. I usually print to pdf and use that.

No brew plan survives contact with Murphy

Old 12-07-2010, 11:37 PM   #3
culturejam
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for the tip, Mikfire.

I'm not sure I'm up to compiling just now. I haven't done any code mangling in a few years, and it was all simple stuff in xCode.

Quick Reply