Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Brewtarget 1.2.2 - Free Open Source Brewing Software

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2013, 04:07 PM   #261
Wyrmwood
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikfire View Post
This is an old thread.

If you are still using 1.2.2, we are no longer actively developing that branch. v2.0.1 is our current version and v2.0.2 is hopefully being released as soon as I can get my windows dev environment rebuilt.

I believe we have addresses this issue in the v2 releases, but I would have to double check. I try to avoid those parts of the code.

Mik
I could not find 1.2.4 (what I'm using). The link on 1.2.3 is dead. The only one that it stickied is this one...

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f84/brew...ftware-233676/

I have not tried the 2.0 version in a while. The last time I tried it, I could not get the equipment to work properly. I'll give it another try.
"Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine, a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy." Ben Franklin

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2013, 06:17 PM   #262
mikfire
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 20

The older threads disappeared for reasons I never quite understood.

I am willing to help figure out what went wrong with your equipment profiles when upgrading. I would suggest waiting until the next minor release (v2.0.2). It fixes a few bugs with (oddly enough) upgrading on Windows and some of the OG calculations.

The longer answer to your original question is that the v1.x branches didn't handle non-fermentable sugars. Adding lactose would have counted as a "fermentable", even though the yeast can't actually make use of it. I'm looking at the code as I'm writing this, and this did get fixed in the v2.x branches (thanks to gigatropolis).

Mik

No brew plan survives contact with Murphy

Wyrmwood Likes This 
Old 03-18-2014, 11:09 PM   #263
Chops1867
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default Looks good

I just found this thread and downloaded BrewTarget. I like the look and functionality of the program. Being a Mac user, it has been difficult to find much software for home brewing.

I was a pretty prolific brewer for five years, then I took a five year hiatus. Just started up again three weeks ago. I had been using qbrew, but after three OS upgrades, I was surprised to find that it still worked.

Brewtarget seems to be my upgrade and replacement from qbrew. Thanks for a great piece of software.

Quick Reply