Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Brewtarget 1.1 - Free open source brewing software

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2009, 05:30 PM   #41
bgw
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman768 View Post
You can always get the latest bleeding edge release if you PM me. I suspect that I'll release 1.2 and maybe 1.3 before Christmas. Depending on how much off time I get for Christmas, you may see 2.0 by next January. Hopefully, 2.0 will have a ton of cool new features.
Hey man, this looks pretty nice!
I've been using strangebrew java on linux but since the layout doesn't work on my new little netbook (fermentables, hops are too squished to be of use) I thought I'd try this guy out. (thanks for the deb)
The resizing/maximizing on the netbook displays very well!

One feature I really like if I may, is the File menu -> Copy To Clipboard feature in strangebrew.
This places a text representation of your recipe in your clipboard, ready for quick and easy pasting into an email.
There's also export to html or text that's very handy.

But otherwise yer lookin' good, thanks much!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2009, 08:25 PM   #42
rocketman768
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgw View Post
Hey man, this looks pretty nice!
I've been using strangebrew java on linux but since the layout doesn't work on my new little netbook (fermentables, hops are too squished to be of use) I thought I'd try this guy out. (thanks for the deb)
The resizing/maximizing on the netbook displays very well!

One feature I really like if I may, is the File menu -> Copy To Clipboard feature in strangebrew.
This places a text representation of your recipe in your clipboard, ready for quick and easy pasting into an email.
There's also export to html or text that's very handy.

But otherwise yer lookin' good, thanks much!
Alright, working on it right now. Maybe a way to do a BBCode version too so that it's easy to post to homebrewtalk forums?

Old 08-02-2009, 08:36 PM   #43
bgw
Recipes 

Wow, right on!
Thanks a lot!

Old 08-02-2009, 10:30 PM   #44
dzlater
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 120

Downloaded version 1.1 for mac.
It seems to be what I've been looking for.
But when creating a recipe if I put in one pound of grain it changes to 22.046 lbs. And when setting up my equipment all the volumes are in tsps?

Old 08-02-2009, 11:21 PM   #45
rocketman768

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzlater View Post
Downloaded version 1.1 for mac.
It seems to be what I've been looking for.
But when creating a recipe if I put in one pound of grain it changes to 22.046 lbs. And when setting up my equipment all the volumes are in tsps?
You can enter volumes, weight, and any simple measurement in whatever unit you like. The software displays the most appropriate units (i.e. the smallest unit it can, which is why 0 comes up as 0 tsp). Enter 2.0 gal, and "2.0 gal" will show. Enter "0.5 lb" and "8.00 oz" will show. This is to make conversion between units as easy as possible, so that, for example, if you find a recipe in metric and you want it in English, just enter in "2 kg" here and "4 L" there, and it will get converted to your preferred units (set in the options) automatically.

I suspect you are entering something like "1 LB" and it's getting confused because a capital "L" is supposed to be a liter. You must enter units in the right case. See the help in the toolbar for a list of available units.

Old 08-03-2009, 04:44 PM   #46
BillyBeer
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I would love to see the 1.1 version for the Mac. I downloaded 1.1 mac zip and it crashes every time. I am running 10.5.7 fully updated. I looked for any install help files or support forums but didn't see any. It looks very cool.

I download 1.0a to take a peek and that works fine.

Let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks

Primary: Empty
Red Chair NWPA, Dim Wit

Secondary: Empty

Keg: RedShift IPA, Bootstrap IPA, Dos Equis, Albino Pale Ale, Total Domination Clone, Rye IPA, Grant's Perfect Porter, Cascadian Dark Ale, IIPA

Old 08-03-2009, 08:03 PM   #47
rocketman768

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBeer View Post
I would love to see the 1.1 version for the Mac. I downloaded 1.1 mac zip and it crashes every time. I am running 10.5.7 fully updated. I looked for any install help files or support forums but didn't see any. It looks very cool.

I download 1.0a to take a peek and that works fine.

Let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks
Somebody else had this problem, and it was because they were using an old version of the Qt runtime library.

Downloads — Qt - A cross-platform application and UI framework

Go download the Qt 4.5 free framework. Post back when you get it working (or not).

Old 08-03-2009, 11:29 PM   #48
BillyBeer
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

That worked. I thought I was up to date but I guess not.

Cool program!

Primary: Empty
Red Chair NWPA, Dim Wit

Secondary: Empty

Keg: RedShift IPA, Bootstrap IPA, Dos Equis, Albino Pale Ale, Total Domination Clone, Rye IPA, Grant's Perfect Porter, Cascadian Dark Ale, IIPA

Old 08-12-2009, 02:26 AM   #49
torque2k
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

VERY good start! I'm impressed. And thank you for open-sourcing the project!

I was just perusing BeerRecipes.org and thought to myself, wouldn't it be cool to use pics like the glasses they use to represent the style of beer chosen in your program? Just a thought.

I'm using the 1.1 version of Brewtarget on OS X (with the latest Cocoa QT library installed on 10.5.7/10.5.8), and I've noticed a few visual artifacts in pulldown menus. Is this the QT library on OS X which is flaky? I haven't had a chance to install your app in a Linux VM to test.

Finally, what's the best way to help with bug reports and such? Since I can't program, it's the least I feel I can do to help.

Again, great job, keep up the good work!

Old 08-12-2009, 03:36 AM   #50
rocketman768

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque2k View Post
VERY good start! I'm impressed. And thank you for open-sourcing the project!

I was just perusing BeerRecipes.org and thought to myself, wouldn't it be cool to use pics like the glasses they use to represent the style of beer chosen in your program? Just a thought.

I'm using the 1.1 version of Brewtarget on OS X (with the latest Cocoa QT library installed on 10.5.7/10.5.8), and I've noticed a few visual artifacts in pulldown menus. Is this the QT library on OS X which is flaky? I haven't had a chance to install your app in a Linux VM to test.

Finally, what's the best way to help with bug reports and such? Since I can't program, it's the least I feel I can do to help.

Again, great job, keep up the good work!
Cool pics. Didn't realize there were so many glasses

As far as visual artifacts, I haven't noticed any. I'm not too familiar with macs, but try the normal qt 4.5 library which I posted a link to.

For bugs and feature requests, the best way is to go here, and choose either "bugs" or "feature requests" under the "tracker" menu. Although, I've been translating the posts on this thread into bugs and feature requests there.

Quick Reply