The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Brewtarget 1.1 - Free open source brewing software

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2009, 02:21 PM   #31
brian_g
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 358
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

I got some compiler errors:

FermentableTableModel.h:68: error: expected class-name before '{' token
FermentableTableModel.h:68: warning: 'class FermentableItemDelegate' has virtual
functions but non-virtual destructor
ui_htmlViewer.h:25: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'QWebView' with no typ
e
ui_htmlViewer.h:25: error: expected ';' before '*' token
ui_htmlViewer.h: In member function 'void Ui_htmlViewer::setupUi(QDialog*)':
ui_htmlViewer.h:34: error: 'webView' was not declared in this scope
ui_htmlViewer.h:34: error: expected type-specifier before 'QWebView'
ui_htmlViewer.h:34: error: expected `;' before 'QWebView'
unit.h: At global scope:

brian_g is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2009, 02:54 PM   #32
aeonderdonk
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Morrisville, NC
Posts: 312
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

this is awesome, going to use it for my first AG batch in a couple weeks.

__________________
aeonderdonk is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2009, 05:43 PM   #33
kaiser423
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 487
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrdhyn View Post
I tried it with both Qt3 and Qt4 alone and got a bit furhter but still had errors. The .deb package won't run because I'm running a 64-bit OS (Ubuntu) and it sees an incompatibility.

I checked it out under my windows partition some, and I'll be rebuilding my laptop with a 32bit OS so I'll toy with it there.
Huh. I'm running 64-bit Ubuntu also...I built from source, but haven't checked my flags or anything. Maybe I'll see what linked where, etc. It was literally the easiest build I've ever had (did the configure and make, and 15 seconds later it was installed!).
__________________
kaiser423 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2009, 06:29 PM   #34
rocketman768
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
rocketman768's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Evanston, IL
Posts: 1,086
Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_g View Post
I got some compiler errors:

FermentableTableModel.h:68: error: expected class-name before '{' token
FermentableTableModel.h:68: warning: 'class FermentableItemDelegate' has virtual
functions but non-virtual destructor
ui_htmlViewer.h:25: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'QWebView' with no typ
e
ui_htmlViewer.h:25: error: expected ';' before '*' token
ui_htmlViewer.h: In member function 'void Ui_htmlViewer::setupUi(QDialog*)':
ui_htmlViewer.h:34: error: 'webView' was not declared in this scope
ui_htmlViewer.h:34: error: expected type-specifier before 'QWebView'
ui_htmlViewer.h:34: error: expected `;' before 'QWebView'
unit.h: At global scope:
Basically, your version of Qt doesn't know what QWebView is. QWebView was first introduced in Qt 4.4. So, if you can, get the latest qt development packages.

I think a lot of errors people are having when compiling from source seem to be stemming from the fact that they don't have the latest dev packages for Qt. Just remember, get your hands on 4.5 if you can. I know this is somewhat of a pain, but, I submitted my .deb package to debian, and I'm awaiting a package sponsor to put it in their repositories.
rocketman768 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2009, 02:38 AM   #35
AlesNeverFail
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tampa, Fl
Posts: 18
Default

great program, took a bit to get accustomed to but i really like it now. May i suggest a FWH option?

great job!

__________________

Primary-Sparky's Nut Brown
Primary 2- Empty
Secondary- Sparky's Nut Brown
Kegged- APA

AlesNeverFail is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2009, 12:10 PM   #36
rocketman768
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
rocketman768's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Evanston, IL
Posts: 1,086
Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlesNeverFail View Post
great program, took a bit to get accustomed to but i really like it now. May i suggest a FWH option?

great job!
Thanks for the complement! Absolutely you may suggest FWH. I was trying to get it into this last release, but my "deadline" was approaching (my marriage...she is now officially SWMBO, but she is completely cool with brewing, and made her own batch not long ago).

Anyway, keep using it, and keep suggesting features.
__________________
Brewtarget: Free Brewing Software
Brewtarget source code
Donate
rocketman768 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2009, 10:42 AM   #37
Sawdustguy
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Manorville, New York
Posts: 2,758
Liked 28 Times on 25 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman768 View Post
Thanks for the complement! Absolutely you may suggest FWH. I was trying to get it into this last release, but my "deadline" was approaching (my marriage...she is now officially SWMBO, but she is completely cool with brewing, and made her own batch not long ago).

Anyway, keep using it, and keep suggesting features.
What is the target date for implementing some of the changes?
__________________

Guy

Brewery URL: Black Dog Brewery NY

BBQ Team URL: Two Fat Polocks BBQ Team

Sawdustguy is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2009, 07:03 PM   #38
rocketman768
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
rocketman768's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Evanston, IL
Posts: 1,086
Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustguy View Post
What is the target date for implementing some of the changes?
I don't know. I'm working on it a few hours each weekend right now. I'm adding the easiest features right now...just things to make the software more complete.
__________________
Brewtarget: Free Brewing Software
Brewtarget source code
Donate
rocketman768 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2009, 02:45 AM   #39
Sawdustguy
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Manorville, New York
Posts: 2,758
Liked 28 Times on 25 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman768 View Post
I don't know. I'm working on it a few hours each weekend right now. I'm adding the easiest features right now...just things to make the software more complete.
No rush man! It was just a curiosity question.
__________________

Guy

Brewery URL: Black Dog Brewery NY

BBQ Team URL: Two Fat Polocks BBQ Team

Sawdustguy is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2009, 03:36 AM   #40
rocketman768
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
rocketman768's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Evanston, IL
Posts: 1,086
Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustguy View Post
No rush man! It was just a curiosity question.
You can always get the latest bleeding edge release if you PM me. I suspect that I'll release 1.2 and maybe 1.3 before Christmas. Depending on how much off time I get for Christmas, you may see 2.0 by next January. Hopefully, 2.0 will have a ton of cool new features.
__________________
Brewtarget: Free Brewing Software
Brewtarget source code
Donate
rocketman768 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Video Brewtarget 1.0b (free, open source brewing software) rocketman768 General Beer Discussion 14 03-20-2009 07:08 PM
New free open source brewing software rocketman768 General Beer Discussion 23 01-19-2009 11:01 PM
URGENT: Want to run any PC brewing software on your Mac? Today you can, for FREE Anbrew Brewing Software 15 01-16-2009 03:00 PM
Beer brewing free software? Wade E Brewing Software 14 04-03-2008 11:23 PM
Free Brewing software??? Schlenkerla General Beer Discussion 5 03-18-2007 06:57 PM