New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Brewtarget 1.1 - Free open source brewing software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2009, 01:18 PM   #21
kaiser423
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

huh, not in front of my home computer otherwise I'd recompile and check my flags, etc and see what may be different.

They changed the inheritance structure of QStringList when migrating from QT3 to QT4. I know that it changed how you cast it to other types. That could be the error.

I think that I have both QT3 and QT4 on my machine. Maybe mine compiled against QT3, and therefore had the right casts?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2009, 02:13 PM   #22
ajwillys
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 32

I have an idea for your Review mode. You should separate a recipe and a batch into two separate things. A recipe should show you what you're supposed to do and then the batch shows you what you DID do. As in, gravity low, ended up with larger batch size, ran out of hops so used 1/3 oz instead of 1/2, etc.... It bothers me that I have to make a new "recipe" for each iteration of the same recipe in order to keep notes of each batch.

Old 06-16-2009, 06:26 PM   #23
rocketman768
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by md20_20 View Post
I'm getting this error when trying to build on Ubuntu 8.10:

g++ -c -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_WEBKIT_LIB -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtXml -I/usr/include/qt4/QtXml -I/usr/include/qt4/QtWebKit -I/usr/include/qt4/QtWebKit -I/usr/include/qt4 -I. -I. -I. -o TimerWidget.o TimerWidget.cpp
TimerWidget.cpp: In member function ‘void TimerWidget::setTimer(QString)’:
TimerWidget.cpp:100: error: ‘class QStringList’ has no member named ‘length’
TimerWidget.cpp:109: error: ‘class QStringList’ has no member named ‘length’
TimerWidget.cpp:120: error: ‘class QStringList’ has no member named ‘length’
make: *** [TimerWidget.o] Error 1

Any thoughts?
Yeah, I ran into this problem also. Apparently, QStringList calls that method size() instead of length() in previous versions of Qt (I am using 4.5). Just look at those lines (100, 109, and 120), and change length() back to size().

Old 06-16-2009, 06:27 PM   #24
rocketman768

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwillys View Post
I have an idea for your Review mode. You should separate a recipe and a batch into two separate things. A recipe should show you what you're supposed to do and then the batch shows you what you DID do. As in, gravity low, ended up with larger batch size, ran out of hops so used 1/3 oz instead of 1/2, etc.... It bothers me that I have to make a new "recipe" for each iteration of the same recipe in order to keep notes of each batch.
Great idea.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:30 AM   #25
martinworswick
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

does the program scale recipes? if , for instance, i select the american ipa then the batch size is just over 40 litres, if i alter that to 20 litres either in the batch size bar or the equipment tab then it alters the gravity, abv,ibu etc but doesnt scale the ingredient quantities to suit.am i doing something wrong or is it a feature that isn't available?
also-only a minor niggle- but the default amount/time labels could be changed to be more realistic, for instance hop additions are in seconds rather than minutes and liquid volumes are in ml rather than litres, i know its easy to change but its annoying when you forget and it resets itself and could the labels be changed to accept both lower and uppercase, when i worked through the sample recipe instruction page i put in say 68c instead of 68C and it reset itself, only minor niggles i know but can be annoying.
anyway, thanks for allowing us access to the software, i was going to by beer alchemy but i think i'll play with this for a while before i make my mind up, thanks again

Old 06-22-2009, 12:49 PM   #26
rocketman768

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinworswick View Post
does the program scale recipes? if , for instance, i select the american ipa then the batch size is just over 40 litres, if i alter that to 20 litres either in the batch size bar or the equipment tab then it alters the gravity, abv,ibu etc but doesnt scale the ingredient quantities to suit.am i doing something wrong or is it a feature that isn't available?
also-only a minor niggle- but the default amount/time labels could be changed to be more realistic, for instance hop additions are in seconds rather than minutes and liquid volumes are in ml rather than litres, i know its easy to change but its annoying when you forget and it resets itself and could the labels be changed to accept both lower and uppercase, when i worked through the sample recipe instruction page i put in say 68c instead of 68C and it reset itself, only minor niggles i know but can be annoying.
anyway, thanks for allowing us access to the software, i was going to by beer alchemy but i think i'll play with this for a while before i make my mind up, thanks again
With regard to batch size, that perhaps should be called "target batch size" meaning how much wort you intend to end up with in the primary. I'll change that so it's more clear. I'll also add a scale tool to scale the recipes.

About default units, it uses the smallest appropriate unit that it can. That's why for anything time related, 0 will always read "0 s". By no means do you have to enter it in seconds though. Sorry about the goof on the instruction page! I'll fix that, and look into ignoring the case on units.

Thanks for all the suggestions, btw! I'm really picking through the code each time, so, you're making the next version of your software better.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:38 AM   #27
Myrdhyn
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm dying to try out your software for my first AG session this weekend. However when I go to build it, I get this error message:

Quote:
myrdhyn@yourmom:~/Desktop/brewtarget-1.1$ ./configure

---Configure script for Brewtarget.
/usr/bin/qmake brewtarget.pro

You are now ready to run "/usr/bin/make" then "/usr/bin/make install".

myrdhyn@yourmom:~/Desktop/brewtarget-1.1$ make
/usr/share/qt3/bin/uic styleEditor.ui -o styleEditor.h
/usr/share/qt3/bin/uic timerWidget.ui -o timerWidget.h
/usr/share/qt3/bin/uic yeastDialog.ui -o yeastDialog.h
/usr/share/qt3/bin/uic yeastEditor.ui -o yeastEditor.h
uic: File generated with too recent version of Qt Designer (4.0 vs. 3.3.8b)
make: *** [yeastEditor.h] Error 1
I have both Qt3 Designer and Qt4 Designer installed because you said you had both installed. Any ideas why I can't get this to build?

Left tap: Myrd's IPA
Right tap: Heffeweizen
Kegged: Blimey's ESB, Apfelwein, Ed's Haus Pale Ale
Fermenting: Air, but soon to be Ode-to-Arthur and more Apfelwein.

Old 06-25-2009, 04:07 AM   #28
rocketman768

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrdhyn View Post
I'm dying to try out your software for my first AG session this weekend. However when I go to build it, I get this error message:

I have both Qt3 Designer and Qt4 Designer installed because you said you had both installed. Any ideas why I can't get this to build?
I'm almost certain my code is incompatible with Qt3. Build it against Qt4 (preferably 4.5). If you have a debian-based distro on an intel machine though, just grab the .deb package that I built.

Old 06-25-2009, 12:49 PM   #29
Myrdhyn
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I tried it with both Qt3 and Qt4 alone and got a bit furhter but still had errors. The .deb package won't run because I'm running a 64-bit OS (Ubuntu) and it sees an incompatibility.

I checked it out under my windows partition some, and I'll be rebuilding my laptop with a 32bit OS so I'll toy with it there.

Left tap: Myrd's IPA
Right tap: Heffeweizen
Kegged: Blimey's ESB, Apfelwein, Ed's Haus Pale Ale
Fermenting: Air, but soon to be Ode-to-Arthur and more Apfelwein.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:18 PM   #30
brian_g
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default You guys are nerds

You make your own beer and you run Linux?

I'm compiling it right now on Gentoo.

Quick Reply