I just switched from qbrew to BrewMate and I like it pretty well.
1) Calculates and shows the percentage of each fermentable.
2) Show contribution to IBU from each hop addition.
3) Easy to add to databases. I could never get that to work
with qbrew, probably because Vista doesn't like programs to
modify files in the "Program Files" directory.
1) If I save then quit, it gives me a message saying,
"Any unsaved changes will be lost. Yes /No".
And it frickin dings/beeps when it does that. As a programmer
I can tell you, never display that message when it's not needed
-- and never, never, never ding, beep, etc. at a user.
Things I miss from qbrew:
1) I could customize the name of an ingredient in a recipe
(with a brand name for instance) without actually having
to add it as a new ingredient in the database. Of course
that was doubly important since I couldn't actually add new
ingredients in qbrew.
2) A list of the style guidelines for the current recipe was
visible. In BrewMate, you have to hover over a field to get
a tooltip showing the guidelines.
Overall, a nice effort, and a really useful program. Now I'm just
looking for a way to organize and search my recipes. Um, all six
so far, but growing quickly.