Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Brew World - Beer Locator App

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2011, 05:44 PM   #1
mrtrav
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Brew World - Beer Locator App

Hey guys,

Of the heels of releasing the BCJP app to blackberry a few months back, I have been working on another project since October which I hope will be incredibly useful to us BlackBerry users. What I have created is Brew World (name pending approval from RIM).

What I have is a listing of every brewery and brewpub across the US which integrates with your phone's GPS chip to locate the closest brewery to your current location. Out of GPS service or don't have GPS functionality enabled? No problem, because you can also search by Address (City/State or ZIP), Brewery Name, or Beer Name.

Each user has the ability for users to add, rate, and review every brewery and/or beer. All you need is an account which can be created from the app. Unless you live in CA, the listing of beers is going to be a bit slim. The project is still in it's infancy and I am hoping users will be willing to add beers to the database as they use the app.

The app was submitted to RIM earlier this week and is pending approval on their end. When it goes live it will be 99 cents through AppWorld.

If there are any comments/feedback/feature requests, I would love to hear them. Images of the app in use can be found on my website at www.zymware.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2011, 06:05 PM   #2
mrtrav
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hey guys, just letting you know that the Brew World App is now for sale in Blackberry App World for only 99 cents.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/25116?lang=en

Old 02-11-2011, 05:33 PM   #3
mrtrav
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Dropping the price for Brew World to FREE for SF Beer Week! Cheers!

Quick Reply