Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Brew Timer for Android
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2011, 07:36 PM   #31
Ace_Club
Legendary Influential Brewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Ace_Club's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 36,752
Liked 1595 Times on 1512 Posts
Likes Given: 52738

Default

I've been playing around with this and like the alarms/timing function. Some suggestions based on my preferences for a timer:

- Adding a countdown of the time remaining for the whole profile. I know that I like to look at the clock frequently and see how much longer in the boil there is left.

- Adding the option to choose different notification styles.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
I'll make my buddy do it with me next time. That'll make me go harder at it.
"If guns don't kill people, why do we give people guns when they go to war? Why not just send the people?" - Ozzy Osbourne

Sent from my iPhone 6.

Canon T2i | EF-S 18-55mm | EF 28mm 1.8 | EF 50mm 1.8 | EF-S 55-250mm

3 WHIPPED DOG straights, Gillette Ball End Tech, 1959 Gillette Fat Boy

Secondary: Strawberry Melomel
Ace_Club is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2011, 07:45 PM   #32
Jaysus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: H'burg, PA
Posts: 956
Liked 24 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 79

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoochNW View Post
Just downloaded it on my HTC Evo...
Just downloaded for my Evo as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_Club View Post
- Adding a countdown of the time remaining for the whole profile. I know that I like to look at the clock frequently and see how much longer in the boil there is left.
That's a great idea!
__________________
Jaysus is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2011, 07:56 PM   #33
Jaysus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: H'burg, PA
Posts: 956
Liked 24 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 79

Default

P.S. I love the the notification bar icon!

__________________
Jaysus is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2011, 02:52 AM   #34
humanjoe
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: West Hartford, CT
Posts: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_Club View Post
- Adding a countdown of the time remaining for the whole profile. I know that I like to look at the clock frequently and see how much longer in the boil there is left.
Explain this one to me a bit more. Right now there is a boil time count down at the top of the screen that counts down until the boil ends. Are you suggesting a different countdown? Or the time of the boil and the post boil steeping combined? Something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_Club View Post
- Adding the option to choose different notification styles.
Working on that right now, revamping the whole notification system.


Thanks for all the great replies so far everyone. I had a lot of fun writing this app and I'm going to keep enhancing and adding features to make it as useful as possible. Thanks again!!

Adam
__________________
humanjoe is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2011, 03:03 AM   #35
Ace_Club
Legendary Influential Brewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Ace_Club's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 36,752
Liked 1595 Times on 1512 Posts
Likes Given: 52738

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanjoe View Post
Explain this one to me a bit more. Right now there is a boil time count down at the top of the screen that counts down until the boil ends. Are you suggesting a different countdown? Or the time of the boil and the post boil steeping combined? Something else?
Hmmmm...maybe something is funky on the version I have. The digits at the top right of the screen remain at 60:00 while the timer is running. You're saying this is supposed to be an active countdown? That is what I was looking for, but as I said, the version I downloaded today was not doing that. Strange.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
I'll make my buddy do it with me next time. That'll make me go harder at it.
"If guns don't kill people, why do we give people guns when they go to war? Why not just send the people?" - Ozzy Osbourne

Sent from my iPhone 6.

Canon T2i | EF-S 18-55mm | EF 28mm 1.8 | EF 50mm 1.8 | EF-S 55-250mm

3 WHIPPED DOG straights, Gillette Ball End Tech, 1959 Gillette Fat Boy

Secondary: Strawberry Melomel
Ace_Club is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2011, 03:09 AM   #36
humanjoe
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: West Hartford, CT
Posts: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_Club View Post
Hmmmm...maybe something is funky on the version I have. The digits at the top right of the screen remain at 60:00 while the timer is running. You're saying this is supposed to be an active countdown? That is what I was looking for, but as I said, the version I downloaded today was not doing that. Strange.
Oh wow, I will have to check that out. Thanks for the heads up!!!

Edit: Just ran some quick test and I do see something strange. Do me a favor and before you start a session reset it first. Then start the countdown. In my tests the countdown started. If it works for you then that should be a simple fix I'll release soon.

Adam
__________________

humanjoe is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2011, 03:44 AM   #37
humanjoe
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: West Hartford, CT
Posts: 33
Default

Heya Everyone,

Just wanted to give you all an update on the Brew Timer. Right now I'm in the middle of testing some updates to the app. The new version has a completely revamped notification system that should eliminate the slight delays for alarms that were occurring when the phone went into a deep sleep. Also I have added the ability to choose notification sounds for your Brew Timer alarms (this seemed to be the biggest request by far). I also added some state persistence so that the app doesn't reset itself to its default state if the OS cleans it up.

There are a couple of other small little things like expanded help and small bugs.

I'm hoping to test this weekend and do a release next week sometime.

If you have any question, concerns or comments, drop me a message here, at my Twitter account (@TheBrewTimer) or send an email to brewtimer at humanjoe dot com.

Thanks a lot for the time you used this app and all the great ideas.

Adam

__________________
humanjoe is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2011, 02:35 PM   #38
Jaysus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: H'burg, PA
Posts: 956
Liked 24 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 79

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanjoe View Post
Thanks a lot for the time you used this app and all the great ideas.

Adam

Thank you for the app!
__________________
Jaysus is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2011, 04:26 PM   #39
MyMistake
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 20
Default

Downloading now! Thanks Adam.

__________________
MyMistake is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2011, 03:47 AM   #40
humanjoe
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: West Hartford, CT
Posts: 33
Default

Heya Everyone,

The new version is posted to the Android Market. In this version I took your wants and added custom notification alarm sounds for all events and rewrote the alarm system so the firing of the alarms is much more accurate. Also, after you guys get to use it could you do me a favor. If you have a minute could you write a review and/or rate my app in the Android Market. Good or bad I would love to see the feedback so let me have it!

Now, on to the topic at hand, so what do you guys want me working next? From previous posts it seems there s a desire for an All-Grain timing mode. Is that still a desire? Is there anything else out there people want to see?

Thanks again for all your feedback and looking forward to the next version.

Adam

__________________
humanjoe is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any brew-software for Android? Baja_Brewer Brewing Software 195 06-15-2011 09:02 AM
Simple Brew Timer (working version!) Yuri_Rage Brewing Software 98 04-12-2011 11:35 PM
Best program for Android? Oregonducks10 Brewing Software 6 02-24-2011 03:02 AM
HTC Evo/Android software riored4v Brewing Software 8 06-12-2010 11:06 AM
Motorola Droid Brew Timer SAMPLER Brewing Software 10 05-17-2010 01:04 AM



Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS