New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Brew Pal software in the iTunes App Store

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2012, 04:32 PM   #411
BigHairyBeast
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirogster
Another proof for just staying put on old iOS, and waiting for all updates from app developpers. Don't you also miss old Maps App ?
Can't disagree with that logic but I was already updated and brewed a batch at the last minute.
Good thing is they released a fix yesterday and all is working fine now.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2012, 05:02 PM   #412
mirogster
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Yup, fact is that he's working hard on that app. Good for us

Old 09-29-2012, 10:17 PM   #413
lancermf
Recipes 

I posted this in the General Discussion and realized it probably is better suited here. I have Brew Pal and am getting to know it. I cannot figure out how to import a recipe into Beer Pal. Can anyone help me?

Old 09-30-2012, 02:38 AM   #414
mirogster
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Yeah, it's a well known flaw not only concerning BP but also other brewing apps(and actually not only them). That's because of Apple 'sandbox' restrictions, mostly. Developpers are trying to do their best : starting app server = importing via wifi; copy&paste methode or just simlpy file import. BrewPal is using this last option.
You have to go to Recipes&Batch History-->right upper corner icon. There you have 2 options: URL to a file and iTunes sync.
ONE LAST THING: importing file has to be in beer.xml format, and only. Truth said, it's working so so, sometimes good, sometimes not at all. It depends probably from where (pc sofware, web sites etc.) beerxml file was exported.
I learned that among all ways, the quickest way is, just to copy all recipe (from website ex.) and paste it into new recipe notes. Eventually from there slowly filling up whole new BP recipe. Good luck then

Old 09-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #415
shroomzofdoom
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancermf
I posted this in the General Discussion and realized it probably is better suited here. I have Brew Pal and am getting to know it. I cannot figure out how to import a recipe into Beer Pal. Can anyone help me?
I did it this way:
Export into BeerXML from wherever, save to PC.
Device connected and iTunes open.
Click phone, then apps tab. Scroll down to the section for storage. Drag and drop file to Brewpal
In brewpal app, recipes, file folder widget, import from iTunes. You can do the import from URL too but hard to host the file natively. You can import from other direct links but I've found the number of links available on the internets to be a bit limited. I am 100% on this exporting from BTP.

I think this is the best feature, it also really disrupts the market. Healthy competition is spurring action with the software guys.

I could, if given the opportunity, go on another extended rant about how lame it is that the guys that sell PC based applications are way too slow to market with this. BS will be a while longer to have a full version: http://beersmith.com/blog/2012/09/25/beersmith-lite-preview-home-brewing-app-for-iphone-ipad-and-android/

BTP doesn't seem to be working very hard at it either.

Instead, ill just say that I'm really glad this app is here and he's making updates. I've long needed to be able to take recipes portable. Now, if I could sync recipes dynamically/wirelessly that would be something.

My electric BCS-460 build (work in progress)

Coffin cooling lessons

Old 01-18-2013, 02:45 PM   #416
DFoster
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Is there any way at all to transfer a beerxml from a friend's brewpal to my brewpal without having to screw with a PC? He can email his beerxml to my email, where I can open it on my phone...however, I can't open it via brewpal like I'd like. Any answers here?

Old 01-18-2013, 02:49 PM   #417
SpottedDogBrewing
Hmmm, BEER!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 41 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFoster
Is there any way at all to transfer a beerxml from a friend's brewpal to my brewpal without having to screw with a PC? He can email his beerxml to my email, where I can open it on my phone...however, I can't open it via brewpal like I'd like. Any answers here?
I think if u save .xml file to Dropbox, Dropbox will give you a URL to import from! I think!
First download Dropbox to your iPhone.
When you get the XML file in your email, hold your finger on file till it gives you an option to open with Dropbox.
Hope this helps

"This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!"
-Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

"The nations of the West also have their own intoxicant, made from grain soaked in water...Alas, what wonderful ingenuity vice possesses! A method has actually been discovered for making even water intoxicated."
- Pliny the Elder

Old 01-22-2013, 09:38 PM   #418
SpottedDogBrewing
Hmmm, BEER!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 41 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 56

I heard back from Brewpal support on how to import from Dropbox!

The URL that Dropbox gives u is actually a HTML wrapper that presents you with a Dropbox webpage. Iit is pretty easy to convert this URL into a true download link:

1) Change "https" to "http"
2) Change "www" to "dl"

For instance Dropbox creates this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nwidfgch94lcken/AHS%20-%20Noble%20Pils.xml

Change it to this:

http://dl.dropbox.com/s/nwidfgch94lcken/AHS%20-%20Noble%20Pils.xml

Enjoy the free Noble Pils Recipe :-)

"This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!"
-Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

"The nations of the West also have their own intoxicant, made from grain soaked in water...Alas, what wonderful ingenuity vice possesses! A method has actually been discovered for making even water intoxicated."
- Pliny the Elder

Old 03-19-2013, 12:57 AM   #419
robmiller
Recipes 

Is there an easy way to sync my recipes on my iphone Brew Pal with my ipad brew pal app?

Old 03-19-2013, 02:56 PM   #420
foos-n-brew
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

There is now, if you use the iCloud. Just get the latest update to BrewPal. It's in the BrewPal settings in the app to use iCloud. I just did this a few days ago and now all my recipes are on my iPhone and iPad. It doesn't show any current status for batches you may be brewing on both of them though. That's only in the one you used on brew day.

Happy Brewing!!

Quick Reply