The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Brew Pal software in the iTunes App Store

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2010, 12:29 PM   #141
bendavanza
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Odd question but why would rice hulls have 33 ppg? I thought they added nothing fermentable.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2010, 04:39 PM   #142
Agent Brew
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

This app is awesome. Love the boil and mash timer. It has replaced Beersmith for me.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:23 PM   #143
vcm1613
Recipes 

I wouldn't say it's completely replaced BeerSmith for me but I will say that it's as essential as the brewpot on brew day. Just wish you could import recipes instead of having to retype everything into my iPhone. Nonetheless, I love this app and will always use it.

Old 01-26-2010, 08:30 PM   #144
neumann
Recipes 

This has been an incredible piece of software! Probably the best software purchase I've made from the App Store. I may have found a bug though. (Forgive me if this has been mentioned already) Sometimes when scaling recipes (seems to happen more when scaling down) the app will crash. Sometimes you can jump back in and retry the scaling and it will work, sometimes it won't. I know bugs that can't be reliably duplicated are the hardest to track down but I wanted to make you aware. Thanks again for the great software!

Old 01-26-2010, 08:35 PM   #145
JesseRC
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

the scaling issue has been mentioned before, however it was supposed to have been fixed a few releases back. You might want to report it and double check the gravities and grain amounts to make sure that when it does allow you to scale, that the quantities have been adjusted.

Jesse

Primaries: Mojave Red (AG)
Kegs: Hibiscus Saison (AG), Orange Kolsch (AG) , Cocunut Porter
Future Brew: Wee Heavy

Old 02-01-2010, 03:25 PM   #146
shroomzofdoom
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I just downloaded mine as well. Great app you have here! Emailed re: the 'lager' bug but you've addressed it here, why didn't I think to check HBT?!?!

Anyway, love the app---very well done. Especially the Refractometer calc. That is a very nice addition.

Overall, very pleased with it...I used it to guide me through brew day yesterday and it worked like a dream!

Old 02-02-2010, 08:45 PM   #147
ThatGuyRyan
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts

It is a great app but it does crash a lot. It seems to crash if I am entering a recipe and then decide to up it from 5 gallon to 10 without saving the original 5 gallon recipe it usually crashes. I also have had issues with saving recipes. Sometimes when I go into the load save screen my other recipes show up but no green circle with "Save Current Recipe" option so I have to close out and reopen the app to get the save option. But besides that the app is great and one of the most used on my phone. I will try to make note on my next brew day exactly when and what I am doing when the app crashes and will pass it on.

shat happens

Old 02-02-2010, 10:24 PM   #148
Kralizec
Recipes 

I have been using this program for a while now and LOVE IT.

I do have one question.When I am exporting through email. the default email has one letter off of my email. How do I change the auto entered email for exports.

another cool feature would be to email some sort of calendar update for when you should rack or bottle/keg.

Keg1 : Air
Keg2 : Air
Keg3 : Air
Keg4(3gal): Air

Old 02-03-2010, 04:18 PM   #149
JesseRC
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuyRyan View Post
It is a great app but it does crash a lot. It seems to crash if I am entering a recipe and then decide to up it from 5 gallon to 10 without saving the original 5 gallon recipe it usually crashes. I also have had issues with saving recipes. Sometimes when I go into the load save screen my other recipes show up but no green circle with "Save Current Recipe" option so I have to close out and reopen the app to get the save option. But besides that the app is great and one of the most used on my phone. I will try to make note on my next brew day exactly when and what I am doing when the app crashes and will pass it on.
you only get the save option on a new recipe, all the other times you need to do live editing. Or atleast that's been my experience.

Jesse

Primaries: Mojave Red (AG)
Kegs: Hibiscus Saison (AG), Orange Kolsch (AG) , Cocunut Porter
Future Brew: Wee Heavy

Old 02-04-2010, 03:40 AM   #150
philrose
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuyRyan View Post
Have you been using the newest version of the app lately, that bug seems to be fixed.

Also I can convert from us -> metric and back with no crashes now.

Nurlabys, I'm a total Brewpal devotee. I show it off at the lhbs all the time and I'll be sure to bring it to the brewclub this upcoming meeting!
Planning- Witbier

@philthebrewer

Quick Reply