Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Beersmith2 water volume issue

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2013, 12:53 AM   #1
jheld00
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

So I have been using iBrewmaster for a while now. I used it to dial in my system and when I use water volumes for mashing, sparging, and preboil everything goes very smoothly. So smoothly that I hit all of my gravity numbers on the nose. I recently purchased a new laptop and decided to buy Beersmith2. I created a new profile for my equipment and transferred all the specifics of my system over for example mashtun deadspace, kettle trub loss etc... So I have now brewed twice using Beersmith's water calculation and both times my preboil volume has been approximately 1 gallon short. Anyone have any ideas as to why this is? Nothing from my brewing process except using BeerSmith2.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2013, 01:08 AM   #2
JeepDiver
Recipes 

Liked 143 Times on 112 Posts
Likes Given: 2

One gallon high or low? First thing I would check is deadspace vols for mash tun and kettle, then look at grain absorption, and then boil off rate

Old 05-09-2013, 01:14 AM   #3
jheld00
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepDiver
One gallon high or low? First thing I would check is deadspace vols for mash tun and kettle, then look at grain absorption, and then boil off rate
Sorry I meant short. I have everything set the same as the settings I have in the iBrewmaster app. Later this week I'm going double check my mashtun dead space but I highly doubt that it would be the culprit

Quick Reply