Thanks phoenixs4r, I wrote Brad Smith and he replied later that same day. Thank you Brad as well.
Here's Brad's answer to my questions:
Under Ubuntu I believe everything gets stored in a hidden directory under your home directory (~/.beersmith I think or something like that).
However, when importing recipes here is how to do it:
- Open the BSMX file you want to import using the Open command in the program
- Select the recipes you want to keep, then copy them
- Go to your "My Recipes" folder (or a subfolder of it) and paste them in
To export recipes from BeerSmith
- Select the recipes to export
- Right click on one, and use "Export selected" to save them as a BSMX file.
Simple enough! Everything worked as Brad described.
Hint: To show hidden files in ubuntu's nautilus file system, click view -> show hidden files, or ctrl+h