The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > BeerSmith - Where do I get values for the LME I need to add?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2012, 02:04 AM   #1
Houdini
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default BeerSmith - Where do I get values for the LME I need to add?

Ok, I'm trying out BeerSmith for the first time, and I'd like to input my Dead Ringer IPA extract kit recipe. The specialty grains I found, but there was no option for the NB Gold malt syrup. I tried to add this, but I have no clue what values to enter for this.

How do people know what values to enter when adding a DME or LME to BeerSmith?

- Houdini

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2012, 02:23 AM   #2
Dan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1821 Times on 1121 Posts
Likes Given: 2618

It's in the grain list. They don't have NB Gold LME as a choice but according to NB website the potential SG is 1.036, however the site doesn't give a SRM value but do say it is very light so maybe try selecting Pale Liquid Extract which has an SRM of 8 and potential specific gravity of 1.036. I think that's pretty close. If you can find an SRM rating somwhere which casually surfing the internet I have not.. If you can find it you can add new ingredients to the ingredients list.

Edit: Oh, I see you already found the grain list. I think the Pale Liquid Extract is still good option.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:08 PM   #3
Houdini
Recipes 

Thanks, I'll try those values and see what I come up with!

- Houdini

Quick Reply