Beersmith questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

el_horno

Reaction score
Hey I am new to beersmith and have searched the internets for this question but am unable to find an answer.

How can I add in custom secondary fermentation steps, IE after 14 days in the primary I want to transfer to secondary on top of coconut and vanilla beans, and let sit for 14 more days. I have figured out how to add the ingriedents, but am still struggling as to how i add secondary steps.

Thanks!

Oh, one more thing, i am getting slightly different numbers for the same recipes entered on both Hopville and Beersmith, has anyone else encounter this? (Referring to the Coconut Stout recipe in my signature that I plan to brew at the end of the month.)

Can't answer the first question but for the second question it has to do with the default values each software uses for potential extract values and AA values for each hop. These can be changed in the ingredients tabs to what you want to use.

As for the first I know in the fermentation tab you can change the days for each step and in the ingredients section you can select dry hop as an option and add the number of days desired, that may be a way to handle the ingredients you are looking add . You can also select the individual ingredient and make changes there so it always defaults that selection when you add that ingredient to a recipe.

Thanks, I guess that is the only way, add a custom fermentation profile. Still doesnt let me add the ingredients but I am able to put them in the notes. That will do.

When you create the ingredients you can specify when it can be used and for how long, so just choose secondary and two weeks, then add to your ingredients on the design tab. That recipe seems complicated, I'm assuming this is one of your first few batches... I'd recommend starting with something a little more basic without any adjuncts, such as a standard stout first. But then again, brew what you like!

Latest posts

Back