Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > beersmith problems

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2011, 01:52 AM   #1
agroff383
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default beersmith problems

i am experiencing frustrating issues with beersmith, I have a problem still with trying to get the software to work properly after getting my key from Brad and i am having no luck finding or getting my recipes back. I had to send my computer in for repair so i backed up the hard drive including all beersmith files. i restored all the data to the computer once i got it back, and beersmith wasnt registered. so i registered that, and now when i open beersmith it says "cannot find file:/// please check path and try again". i should have every last file that i need to run this program. the beersmith folder itself has over 2300 items in it which i dont understand why it is that much. i suck with computers so any help is appreciated.

Can I have your business card?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2011, 04:55 AM   #2
Schnitzengiggle
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I am no computer whiz, but it sounds like the path being searched for is either incorrect or corrupt.

Your path should read something along the lines of: C:\Program Files (x86)\BeerSmith

Sounds like you may need to reinstall the program. I would contact beersmith, see if you can get another ID key at no charge, and reinstall the program. If your backup is corrupt, then you may not be able to get you recipes back.

Again, I am no whiz, but I have had my fair share of computer issues.

I'm sure a computer engineer, software engineer, or computer phenom will chime in with better/more info.

Okham's Razor - simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

My DIY Kegerator - My DIY Fermentation Chamber - My DIY Portable Pump Box

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply