Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Beersmith Mobile iPhone/iPad

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2013, 04:21 PM   #21
alestateyall
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 88 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 5

One bug is shown on the below screen shot from my iPhone. The app seems to zoom and unzoom at random times. Right not it is stuck zoomed in.

image-3611245756.jpg

I had to kill the app and restart to get it to work properly.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2013, 06:57 PM   #22
alestateyall
Recipes 

Does this app calculate efficiency? I can't find it.

Old 05-12-2013, 03:04 AM   #23
Hawkeye11
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alestateyall
Does this app calculate efficiency? I can't find it.
I was also trying to find this, but have not found efficiency calculation yet. To even enter a batch, you have to edit a recipe. I just bought iBrewmaster2 and posted my thoughts versus the two on that thread. IBrewmaster2 calculates efficiencies on the fly. Overall I like iBrewmaster2 better than Beersmith full.

Old 05-12-2013, 01:24 PM   #24
tahoeguy
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Added Beersmith2 for IPadl and see this as a very nice "companion" app to the full version. It is great on brew day, nice to edit and adjust recipes, and perfect to take with me to the LB shop.
It is not a replacement of the full version. My feeling is that is that Ibrewmaster is the way to go if you are looking for one all around mobile brewing software. If you want (I do) the most feature rich brewing software available along with a solid mobile companion, original BeerSmith and mobile BeerSmith are your babies.

Old 11-26-2013, 12:23 PM   #25
firefly765
Recipes 

Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgez View Post
I'm seriously considering buying this app for my android. I have beersmith 2 on my laptop and love it. I can easily bring my laptop outside when I brew...so is the phone app worth it? Can I sync my recipes from my laptop to my phone and vice versa?
Does the Beersmith app sync everything to my Beersmith 2 version on my Mac computer? i.e. if I am brewing at a different location, or create a recipe on my ipad, will all my new info be saved onto my Beersmith 2 file on my computer?

Old 11-26-2013, 12:26 PM   #26
Hello
16%er
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 14 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1384 Times on 966 Posts
Likes Given: 2158

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefly765 View Post
Does the Beersmith app sync everything to my Beersmith 2 version on my Mac computer? i.e. if I am brewing at a different location, or create a recipe on my ipad, will all my new info be saved onto my Beersmith 2 file on my computer?
I have not bought the app yet but I think you need to save things to the cloud. For free, you can save 15 recipes but outside of that, I think you need to subscribe (pay) to their site.

Old 11-26-2013, 12:41 PM   #27
firefly765
Recipes 

Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello View Post
I have not bought the app yet but I think you need to save things to the cloud. For free, you can save 15 recipes but outside of that, I think you need to subscribe (pay) to their site.
OK, i pulled the trigger on the app.....how do i import/sync all my profiles / recipes to the ipad?

Old 11-26-2013, 12:56 PM   #28
Brewsncrabs
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 1

If I remember correctly, you must reenter and save your profiles to your iPad/iPhone. You might be able to save it from a recipe imported from the Cloud using the Store In My Profiles button, but i am not sure. To import recipes, use the Cloud and then copy to My Recipes.

Old 11-26-2013, 01:01 PM   #29
alestateyall
Recipes 

Save recipes on desktop to cloud. Then open those recipes on mobile and save the profile and special ingredients to the mobile version from within the recipe.

Quick Reply