Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Beersmith Mobile iPhone/iPad

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2013, 11:30 AM   #11
forstmeister
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 173 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by hops2it View Post
Not meaning to be a hater but for $28 for the Mac/PC version, I'm kinda shocked the mobile solutions aren't included. Yikes, that's a lot of money for multi-device software.
This is software that is used by professional brewers as well as home brewers. I think too many people think software should be free, or close to it. This is an independent developer, not a huge company. This is his life and he produces a product that I enjoy.

When Beersmith was developed, hell-even when the new version was released, I don't think he ever anticipated people using this on their phones, but he has adapted to a growing market. Maybe in the future it will be included with a package discount, but in the meantime it is what it is.

I drink (homebrew), therefore I am (gassy)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2013, 01:34 PM   #12
Hawkeye11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I agree. To me, both versions seem like a good value for the quality and content. It is not cheap, fast or easy to write quality software programs. Then Apple and Google take their cut on the App Store versions.

Old 05-08-2013, 01:37 PM   #13
alestateyall
Recipes 

Liked 88 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 5

How are the inventory and batch history features? Good?

Also can someone confirm you only have to pay once to have app on both your iPad and iPhone.

Old 05-08-2013, 01:39 PM   #14
Hawkeye11
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 241

Cool, thanks. I saw dDub link to those videos and I watched them all. I've been so used to ibrewmaster that those lacking features among others would be a deal breaker for me. And I like the calendaring that ibrewmaster has with fermentation primary, secondary, keg/bottle and serve dates. And how it breaks up the actual recipe and the batch you brewed with notes.

Anyway I'll still buy it once the in app lite to 2 upgrade is available, the brew day screen does look great with the timer and alarms
I have iBrewmaster as well. Though I have really only used it for recipe ideas and references. After you mentioned the calendaring, I looked into it more, that feature does look helpful, especially with a full pipeline.

I did read a thread about their upcoming version 2 software and looked at the preview on their website. Once that is released I'll try it too.

Old 05-08-2013, 01:41 PM   #15
Hawkeye11
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alestateyall

Also can someone confirm you only have to pay once to have app on both your iPad and iPhone.
Confirmed. One version works on both. As long as you have the same Apple ID on both you only have to pay once.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:55 PM   #16
dgez
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

I'm seriously considering buying this app for my android. I have beersmith 2 on my laptop and love it. I can easily bring my laptop outside when I brew...so is the phone app worth it? Can I sync my recipes from my laptop to my phone and vice versa?

Old 05-11-2013, 01:44 AM   #17
Ddubduder
Brewing Addict
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 2

That all depends on how much you value convenience. I myself would rather bring my phone into my brewery than my laptop. You get the same functionality either way.

Old 05-11-2013, 01:54 AM   #18
forstmeister
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 173 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgez
I'm seriously considering buying this app for my android. I have beersmith 2 on my laptop and love it. I can easily bring my laptop outside when I brew...so is the phone app worth it? Can I sync my recipes from my laptop to my phone and vice versa?
You can sync your profile with the app on your phone. Recipe editing and everything on the phone now

I drink (homebrew), therefore I am (gassy)

Old 05-11-2013, 02:21 AM   #19
BeerSmith
BeerSmith Author, Brewer
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts

Released an important patch that fixes the lockup problem that some brewers encountered with late extract additions. Its out now for Android and Kindle and in review by Apple - I expect they will have it next week. Build 2.1.43. It also has a number of other fixes and an options page for hop IBU options.

Brad

Old 05-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #20
alestateyall
Recipes 

Liked 88 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerSmith
Released an important patch that fixes the lockup problem that some brewers encountered with late extract additions. Its out now for Android and Kindle and in review by Apple - I expect they will have it next week. Build 2.1.43. It also has a number of other fixes and an options page for hop IBU options.

Brad
I bought Beersmith Mobile. Overall I like it.

2 things I would like to see changed:

1. The screen is jumpy. Every time you enter a value the screen flashes as it recomputes. This is a minor gripe but it would be nice if that went away.

2. I would like to be able to store my inventory of grains, hops, etc in the app. It would be especially nice if I could push a button to limit grain, hop addition screens to inventory on hand. PS. This may exist as I saw an "Store in my hops" button but am not sure what that did.

Great app though.

Quick Reply