Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > BeerSmith Mash Tun Weight

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2013, 03:58 PM   #11
LandoLincoln
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 474 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidFlame View Post
Thanks for that info, I thought I had read that somewhere, but couldn't find it again.

Also while on the topic of MLT, for the "Mash Tun Volume", I'm assuming this is the exact amount that your MLT can hold?* So even though my MLT is a 15.5 gal budweiser keg that is setup for bottom draining, I should enter 14 gal, since this is the amount of water it can hold without over flowing.
I can get close to 16 gallons in my keggle, if memory serves correctly. I'd carefully calibrate a one-gallon pitcher and then find out for sure just how much it can hold. But sure, you could always go on the safe side and just plug in 14 gallons.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2013, 04:35 PM   #12
LiquidFlame
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandoLincoln View Post

I can get close to 16 gallons in my keggle, if memory serves correctly. I'd carefully calibrate a one-gallon pitcher and then find out for sure just how much it can hold. But sure, you could always go on the safe side and just plug in 14 gallons.
I've already done that, just making sure that "Mash Tun Volume" is the actual amount of water the MLT can hold. So in my case 14 gal.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply