The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Beersmith with Extracts

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2011, 10:02 PM   #1
Dan2539
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Beersmith with Extracts

I am brewing using Beersmith for full boil extract batches. I have configured my equipment under the options menu to try to match my brewpot. I seem to be running into problems with the final volume of my batches every now and then and I think it is attributed to the volume of the malt extracts not being factored in. For instance, if I make a certain recipe and look at the required water for boiling, it does not change as I add or take away extract from the recipe. Is there any way for Beersmith to factor the displacement of LME based on its weight? Am I missing something?
Thanks guys!

A word of warning though, unlike Star-San or Idophor, Dijon Mustard is NOT a no-rinse sanitizer. I learned this the hard way, though I have to say the resulting Mustard Porter was pretty snappy. The hops juxtaposed against the horseradish was very nice, though possibly a touch out of the style guidelines.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply