Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Beersmith Batch Sparge Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2010, 06:13 PM   #1
DPB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Beersmith Batch Sparge Questions

I'm preparing my first all grain brew as soon as the snow melts and recently purchased Beersmith to help me along. I wanted to brew a stout for my first attempt and was wondering how accurate I needed to be in regards to sparging with the correct amount of water. For the first batch sparge I am to use 8.94 gallons of water and for the next two sparges I am to use 2.98 gallons of water. Can I just round up to 9, 3, 3 gallons? Also any tips on how to accurately gauge how much sparge water is being sent to the mash tun without merely eyeballing it? Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2010, 07:06 PM   #2
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 937 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 28

You can round here and there. I round to the closest quart.

Back when I was manually shuttling liquids during brewing the moves would be done with an ale pail that had graduations printed on the side.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply