Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Beer Alchemy vs iBrewmaster

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #11
lupulos
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

I'm pretty much locked out of beer alchemy now, and can't access my recipes. it's Version 1.8.23 (1.8.23)...customer service so far has been fruitless- I've entered my serial numbers several times in the past after repeatedly receiving "free trial expired" pop-ups (much to my annoyance) but now i'm completely froze out because the "next" button you are supposed to click after entering serials is gray and unclickable. I can not even access the recipes I put in there. I am freaking annoyed!

Drinking mini imperial stout

bottled rye pa

fermenting Belgian strong

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 09:19 PM   #12
xeerohour
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I love Beer Alchemy. Use it on my mac, iPad, and iPhone.

With that said - I really wish there was a PC version. Now that I've mostly switched from a mac back to a PC (work related) I get annoyed that I can't sync my recipes and stuff back unless I use my Mac.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:59 AM   #13
jmichaeldesign
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupulos View Post
...customer service so far has been fruitless-
That seems odd to me. I've been using BeerAlchemy for about years. When I got a new computer I just emailed Kent Software and asked for a registration number, all I had to do was provide the email address that I used when I purchased and they got me a new registration number.

I haven't looked at ibrewmaster at all, but I can say for sure that after downloading the beersmith trial I was quite disappointed. The interface was confusing and overall poorly organized compared to BeerAlchemy.

I absolutely love BeerAlchemy. I highly recommend it.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #14
lupulos
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Yeah, I have to say that I loved it, when I could use it. And customer service was prompt with several responses. They even provided me a new serial number, and told me that the "next" button would stay gray unless a valid serial number/user name is entered. No dice; apparently they gave up on me. I suppose it could be something with my iMac...it's a bummer though because that's the only place I kept the last several recipes I made!

Drinking mini imperial stout

bottled rye pa

fermenting Belgian strong

Quick Reply