Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Batch Size Conversion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2011, 11:49 PM   #1
djfriesen
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Batch Size Conversion

Hopefully this is the right place to post this.

I am brand new (call it 5 days) to homebrewing and am quite limited on equipment. I currently only have a 1-gal carboy and am looking for a way to scale down some of the great recipes I've found here to work with my setup. Is this something that is as easy as dividing the items on the grain bill by the appropriate factor? Is there software that does this easily? My SWMBO is excited for a good porter, so being able to scale down Airborne's award-winning Atonement recipe is pretty important to me/us right now. Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Dan

Last edited by djfriesen; 09-11-2011 at 01:12 AM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2011, 02:35 AM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2711 Times on 1629 Posts
Likes Given: 3484

Most software like beersmith has a scaling tool. But it really is easy to do...ingredient are scalable. For a 2.5 gallon batch use half the ingredients, for a 1 gallon batch use 1 5th the ingredients if it's a 5 gallon recipe.

It's really not difficult.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 09-11-2011, 09:37 PM   #3
djfriesen
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Thanks for the reply. I had assumed this was the case, but it's better to ask beforehand.

Quick Reply