Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Android BrewAide-Brew Day Assistant- Free

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2012, 12:02 PM   #51
Adeering
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 46 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Sorry there hasnt been much update lately, been busy, slowly working on putting in some new display categories for the recipe view and gonna add in the ability to bring up ingredient information.

Good news is Im getting steady downloads each day and no new errors since the most current update.

How is everyone liking it, and any features that I havent mentioned that people are dying for?

Kegged: None :(
Bottled: None
Next Brews: Pumpkin Ale, Unknown

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2012, 02:25 PM   #52
Mysticmead
Recipes 

Liked 73 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 117

I love the app. it's going camping with me this weekend so I can do a brew on Saturday for Big Brew day. MUCH easier to take my phone than my laptop.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:30 PM   #53
TheTooth
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeering View Post
Sorry there hasnt been much update lately, been busy, slowly working on putting in some new display categories for the recipe view and gonna add in the ability to bring up ingredient information.

Good news is Im getting steady downloads each day and no new errors since the most current update.

How is everyone liking it, and any features that I havent mentioned that people are dying for?
One feature I would love would be to have pre-boil post-boil gravity's given in brix for refractometer use right in the brew steps. It's not something that BeerSmith does today, but I've asked the author for it.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:19 PM   #54
Adeering
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTooth View Post
One feature I would love would be to have pre-boil post-boil gravity's given in brix for refractometer use right in the brew steps. It's not something that BeerSmith does today, but I've asked the author for it.
Not a bad idea, i actually wouldnt mind that either, Ill add it to the list, the only problem I foresee is the FG measurements arent a direct correlation, so it would be something that would only apply to pre-fermentation gravity which makes a little harder to implement. Maybe Ill have it show them in parenthesis, but not capable of entering it in.

On another note, if you enjoy it please rate it, seems only people who have a problem rate most the time as I got another 1 star because of a random bug where the persons external storage is messed up so causes it to crash. Sucks not being able to trouble shoot directly before they rate.

Old 05-04-2012, 05:21 PM   #55
TheTooth
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeering View Post
Not a bad idea, i actually wouldnt mind that either, Ill add it to the list, the only problem I foresee is the FG measurements arent a direct correlation, so it would be something that would only apply to pre-fermentation gravity which makes a little harder to implement. Maybe Ill have it show them in parenthesis, but not capable of entering it in.

On another note, if you enjoy it please rate it, seems only people who have a problem rate most the time as I got another 1 star because of a random bug where the persons external storage is messed up so causes it to crash. Sucks not being able to trouble shoot directly before they rate.
Cool... SG in parenthesis with no entry is cool with me. I just want to know what value I'm trying to hit pre-boil with my refractometer. I'll adjust to hit that value at that point anyway, so entering a different value isn't necessary to me. FG is a different story and I don't need that on brew-day anyway.

I haven't used it for a brew day yet (will do next weekend), but I'll definitely give it a rating based on my usage so far (which has been great).

Thanks!

Old 05-05-2012, 12:57 PM   #56
Adeering
Recipes 

Just put up a small update with a few fixes and a couple small features added. Heres the release notes:

Updates:
-Added Carb Bar to recipe view with input
-Added option to update recipe on close
-Fixed random rare bug where it crashes on open (only had one report of it)
-Added Brix to Estimated Pre-fermentation Gravity display
-Fixed minor bug with refractometer original calculation
-Added Info to Recipe view (Total Grain, Total Hop, Measure OG, Measured FG, Measured ABV)

Other Info:
I bought a laptop this week, so when I go on vacation I will be able to continue programming (and its visiting family vacation so will have time and want to program cause they dont live in the most fun place)

Next features Im working on are adding a few more tools and the shopping list not sure which ill do first though

Old 05-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #57
fspinale
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I'm looking forward to using this today. I'm glad you added the brix to the prefermentaion gravity views. Is it possible to record those gravities in brix? I know the refractometer tool is right there but it would be convenient to just enter the reading in brix.

Old 05-05-2012, 04:01 PM   #58
Adeering
Recipes 

Its on my list, just havent decided exactly how I want to handle it yet

Old 05-05-2012, 08:38 PM   #59
fspinale
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

When I use the timers, both mask and boil, I get a force close error whenever I select timer from the notification bar. The timers start but as soon as I leave the app with the home button or if the phone goes in to standby I can not go back to the timers without a force close. I have the most recent version installed and I have even uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Any suggestions to what would cause this?

Old 05-05-2012, 08:55 PM   #60
Adeering
Recipes 

Not sure, I dont get that error, report it if you havent already and ill look into it

Quick Reply