Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Android BrewAide-Brew Day Assistant- Free

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2012, 05:29 PM   #21
Adeering
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 46 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewhappy View Post
Maybe I am just missing it, but I'd like for the app to display the FG and ABV. I've had a couple situations where I couldn't remember the abv or FG and was asked. I pulled out my app but couldn't find the info.

Other info like Total hops, total grain, etc would be nice as well.
Estimated ABV is displayed on the recipe view page. FG isnt exactly displayed, however if you have entered the information (either on beersmith/BeerXML file) or you input it in the BrewAide spot and updated the file, then it is displayed on the brewsteps page

As for Total Hops/Grains not displayed in its own spot but can easily be figured out looking at the recipe view.

Some things are left out for the android version due to lack of space and keeping things as condense and easily managed as possible. Because of the lack of space putting all the information would require multiple views which makes it less user friendly to have to switch. Now Im constantly adding stuff and working more into what is available and Ill add those things onto the list to try and add, but not promising anything
Kegged: None :(
Bottled: None
Next Brews: Pumpkin Ale, Unknown

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2012, 12:12 AM   #22
Adeering
Recipes 

Ok I know I said i would release a update today, but work went longer than expected and i have gotten 2 hours of sleep the last two nights so not feeling like working on it anymore today and gonna try and get some sleep.

Tomorrow I will update it though, will have fix donate button, app will now be able to open bsmx recipes as the default app from a file browser (BeerXML isnt working right but will try to get that working) and gonna redo the brewsteps to better display everything nicer on all devices. As well as some other minor additions

Old 04-28-2012, 12:34 AM   #23
stevea1210
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'm getting a path /Recipes error trying to use dropbox for the recipes. I created a Recipes folder at the root of my dropbox folder and exported my reipes to that folder.

IS it looking for a /Recipes folder at the root of the SD card?

You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel. - Homer Jay Simpson

Old 04-28-2012, 12:43 AM   #24
Nuggethead
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Adeering, I have noticed that there is a section in brewsteps for steeped hops, but on my recipes that have a steeped addition, the hops don't show-up on either the brewsteps or timers. They only show-up on the main recipe view.

Old 04-28-2012, 01:22 AM   #25
Mysticmead
Recipes 

Liked 73 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea1210 View Post
I'm getting a path /Recipes error trying to use dropbox for the recipes. I created a Recipes folder at the root of my dropbox folder and exported my reipes to that folder.

IS it looking for a /Recipes folder at the root of the SD card?

dropbox/Apps/Brewbuddy/Recipe is the path its looking for.. there should be a folders there called apps... in that one called Brew Buddy... just create one in there call Recipes

Old 04-28-2012, 01:29 AM   #26
stevea1210
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticmead View Post
dropbox/Apps/Brewbuddy/Recipe is the path its looking for.. there should be a folders there called apps... in that one called Brew Buddy... just create one in there call Recipes
Sweet. That worked. However found a bug.

I exported my whole brew log into a bsmx file. When I opened the folder in the app, it imported ALL of my recipes as 1 single recipe.

So....
my og is 6.438
my ibu is 3276.4
my est abv is 499.7%

That is an epic beer, not a typo!

Guess I need to do individual exports. It would be nice for it to interpret exports of multiple recipes.

You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel. - Homer Jay Simpson

Old 04-28-2012, 01:49 AM   #27
Mysticmead
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea1210 View Post
Sweet. That worked. However found a bug.

I exported my whole brew log into a bsmx file. When I opened the folder in the app, it imported ALL of my recipes as 1 single recipe.

So....
my og is 6.438
my ibu is 3276.4
my est abv is 499.7%

That is an epic beer, not a typo!

Guess I need to do individual exports. It would be nice for it to interpret exports of multiple recipes.
yep... you have to export each one...individually....

Old 04-28-2012, 03:36 AM   #28
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 480 Times on 421 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Couple of things I've noticed with the current release...

In the refractometer tool, if you enter anything that comes out to 1.10 SG (or above) it gives you 1.010... Such as entering 32 brix gives a 'corrected gravity' of 1.0139.
Still waiting for the option to enter refractometer readings in SG as well as brix.

Is it possible to have grain amounts in pounds/ounces? Such as 1 lbs 8.0 oz instead of 1.5 lbs... Or at least for amounts under a full pound...

Found another item... I set the mash volume units to quart, but the steps list it in gallons. It also doesn't list how much water to sparge with.

Another item is you should probably list the yeast amount, in the recipe view, in package/packet amounts. Either that, or have it predefined as 125ml for liquid and how ever many grams for dry yeast. Same information as in BeerSmith (and the recipe export).

It's getting closer...

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Old 04-28-2012, 06:09 AM   #29
Adeering
Recipes 

Quote:
It would be nice for it to interpret exports of multiple recipes
Its on my list of possible update features, the problem is telling whether the file is the recipes list or a single recipe and how to display it. It probably wont happen in any recent update as right now its low in priority but its on the list so I will look more into it. Another thing is the default recipe folder for BeerSmith, I would like if I could make it possible to assign your default recipe folder to a dropbox folder and access it, but the way the info is saved is a little different so would require an entire rework. Since i am now making this for both BSMX and BeerXML i have to consider that as well. Realistically, without infringing more on BeerSmith legality issues and stealing their databases (which is a no-no) this probably wont happen. Sorry, hands are a little tied

Quote:
if you enter anything that comes out to 1.10 SG (or above) it gives you 1.010
Added to the list and Ill look into it

Quote:
Is it possible to have grain amounts in pounds/ounces
Already on the list, be patient it will get put in eventually, since its a display preference type thing it isnt as high on priority at the moment but its on my list

Quote:
I set the mash volume units to quart, but the steps list it in gallons. It also doesn't list how much water to sparge with
You might need to reload the recipe to get the new unit setting to take effect. Im adjusting this and shouldnt need to be reloaded on next update

As for sparge, I think I found how to calculate the amount of sparge water, as beersmith only exports the temp and not the amount. I dont sparge personally so had to research to figure it out. But I recnetly found the data on it and it will be put in on one of the future updates (probably not the next one but the one after that)

Quote:
list the yeast amount, in the recipe view, in package/packet amounts
Been meaning to adjust this and figure out how to handle it, the file specifies it in packages and wasnt sure, just hadnt gotten around to seeing how beersmith handled slants and cultures, but it seems it always does package, so that should be fixed in next update

I do ask though if you mention something once (as in a feature request or anything non bug) and I respond and say I have added to the list to please be patient and dont remention it, most stuff being asked for now are extras that are nice to have but dont make the app un-useful without. So if I put it on my list it will eventually be put in. But please remember Im one person making this in my spare time (which being in the Air Force means I have very little since I work 12 hour days and working on my masters). And while I would love to make this perfect for every single person, there are way too many different ways to brew beer and take measurements and how people like it. So Im trying to cover the most popular methods first and the people with unique stuff might have to adjust to make it work.

Now that I have done a little complaining of my own I do have it planned in a couple weeks (when i take two weeks of leave to visit family) to set up a feature request/bug report web page for people to submit officially request. So you can see what has and hasnt been requested and what is also on my list of future features/fixes

Old 04-28-2012, 02:21 PM   #30
Mysticmead
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeering View Post

I do ask though if you mention something once (as in a feature request or anything non bug) and I respond and say I have added to the list to please be patient and dont remention it, most stuff being asked for now are extras that are nice to have but dont make the app un-useful without. So if I put it on my list it will eventually be put in. But please remember Im one person making this in my spare time (which being in the Air Force means I have very little since I work 12 hour days and working on my masters). And while I would love to make this perfect for every single person, there are way too many different ways to brew beer and take measurements and how people like it. So Im trying to cover the most popular methods first and the people with unique stuff might have to adjust to make it work.

Now that I have done a little complaining of my own I do have it planned in a couple weeks (when i take two weeks of leave to visit family) to set up a feature request/bug report web page for people to submit officially request. So you can see what has and hasnt been requested and what is also on my list of future features/fixes
You have done an outstanding job on this app! What a lot of people fail to remember is that you are just a single person that made an app and gave it to the public. Thank you for making it and thank you for taking the time to listen to all the feedback. Most importantly, a HUGE thank you for serving your country. Take the time off to go visit your family. They need to see you as much as you need to see them. (my son is stationed in Okinawa).

Ric
USAF Vet

Quick Reply