Android BrewAide-Brew Day Assistant- Free

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loaded it but it doesn't seem to load the batch volume when i am accessing the recipe using dropbox, thus the mash calculations are not working, etc

Does it load the batch volume if you use the local folder? Also what type of file are you using and what program did you use to create it?

It is a beerxml file created from brewer's friend export function... it does not seem to be displaying the batch or boil size info. I emailed you the raw file. Thanks and happy holidays!

Ill take a look into it. Im currently deployed in Afghanistan so dont have all my resources available as I would back home. But Ill try and look into it and see whats going on when i get a chance

On another note, Im still looking for someone who is willing to help redesign the interface for the app. Looking to keep the same general feel, just upgrade the look to be a little nicer. If anybody has any experience with graphics and 9 patch images that is willing to help PM me.

Update for anyone following this thread:

Got some bugs worked out for the app and have started reworking the interface to be nicer

The next update will be in about a month or so (hopefully) as im going on some vacations in the next couple weeks so wont be able to get a lot of work done. The interface is getting a semi complete overhaul. The general format and what information is available is the same, but the presentation is changing and making it more friendly for both phones and tablets. Because of the changes and having to do it 6 times for each page (portrait and landscape for 3 different base sizes) it takes awhile to do each page.

I have got a friend to help with making better resources for the graphics though, to make it more appealing and nicer to use. So far the Recipe page has been redone (with stand in graphics) and is looking a lot nicer.

Sounds like you're up to some pretty exciting stuff!

I very much look forward to the update and wish you the best of luck!

Just downloaded, but will wait for the update before really digging into it, since you have some good things planned. I may still experiment with it on my next brew day though :)

So just thought Id give a little update as to what is happening. Ive fixed a few bugs and have worked on the layout on almost all the pages. Waiting on the graphics for the backgrounds and update but once I get those it shouldnt be too long until I have the update released. Finished the Timer page and have started working on updating all the tools to be more user friendly. After that I just have to replace with the new graphics and will be good to go.

Time frame is maybe a month, Im currently on leave so will get some work done, but my buddy helping with the graphics is on leave also and he wont be able to do work while on leave, so have to wait for him to get back.

I used this app for the first time on my tablet last week. Awesome job! Loved just being able to have the timers, and not have to set one myself, remember to set the next one, etc. Great job!

So is there a way to have a timer going and look at another recipe without stopping the timer on the first beer?

Thats correct, you cant look at another recipe while running the timer. When you open a new recipe it changes what items are in the timer.

I understand that. I guess that was my round about suggestion at a possible improvement. I try to double up my brew days. It would be nice if I could have my boil timer going while I looked up the ingredients and water volume/temps for the mash of the next beer.

I've been using Brewzor for a few years, and just discovered BrewAide this week. Awesome work. I love being able to import my Beersmith recipes.

Just got a new phone, app didn't come over, and I cant seem to find it in the Play store.
Anyone know if its still available anywhere? I've been using it for years and would hate to start over with something new.

Just got a new phone, app didn't come over, and I cant seem to find it in the Play store.
Anyone know if its still available anywhere? I've been using it for years and would hate to start over with something new.

Was just going to post this. Having same issue

I have the APK file for android. It was a free app so I would think I could upload it and share a link if the author doesn't reply with download info. Have either of you PMed the OP?

Back