Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Android BrewAide-Brew Day Assistant- Free

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2012, 02:34 PM   #171
Adeering
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Heres a link to a download for the apk, hopefully all the features work on the conversion

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p2e628eduj1phs3/BrewAidev261.apk

If it does work, would you mind sending me the file. Might look into posting it on for blackberry also

Kegged: Aphrodite's Potion
Bottled: None
Next Brews: Pumpkin Ale, Unknown

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2012, 10:39 PM   #172
Sjorge3442
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Thanks a bunch. I'll give it a try later tonight.

Old 10-03-2012, 03:41 PM   #173
Sjorge3442
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

just wanted to let you know, I have it all loaded up on the playbook and it seems to be running fine. I will play around with in today when I get a chance.

Old 10-04-2012, 05:44 AM   #174
Adeering
Recipes 

nice, my email is deeri638@gmail.com could you send me the file

Old 10-19-2012, 05:32 AM   #175
Adeering
Recipes 

Just update the app with some changes. The timers have been annoying me for the phone version, so I decided to change how it works. Now it only shows one timer at a time and you can switch between the two.

Also added a new setting so you can choose the alert sound for the app.

Lastly the price has changed to 2.99 for ad removal (and repeat donations)

Old 10-26-2012, 03:54 PM   #176
Adeering
Recipes 

So hows everyone enjoying the new timer layout and the updates. Hope its working good for everyone

Mysticmead Likes This 
Old 10-30-2012, 01:53 AM   #177
BMGfan
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeering View Post
So hows everyone enjoying the new timer layout and the updates. Hope its working good for everyone
I came across and tried brewaide yesterday for the first time, it was also during my first all grain batch.

I really liked it despite a few minor quibbles. I'll go into those shortly but I will say I liked it enough that I'll be buying it next time I use it. It's decent and I like what it does but IMHO as a consumer it still needs a little work:

-My first issue was that I opened a BSMX file with it, and noticed that I made a couple minor errors with the recipe. "No problem" I said to myself, "I'll just go edit the recipe in beersmith and then resave it to the drop box folder". I made the changes, and then saved over the original file using the same file name as the one with the errors. Brewaide continually overwrote the new file with the old incorrect values (despite reopening the recipe in brewaide after I changed it). I had to resave the BSMX file to a different filename before it opened the correct values.

-The mash/brew timer switching hot button is not obvious. It took me MUCH longer than it should have to figure it out. I don't think the underlying idea (one button switching between the two) is bad, but higher contrast colors, or a button redesign is necessary IMHO

-The brew timer reset on me towards the end of my boil. All through out the boil/mash the app would restart and the timer would pick up where it ought to be. However towards the end of the boil the timer reset to the one hour mark despite knowing I had ~5 minutes left. I guesstimated how much time I had left and called it good. I wish I could give you more info on what happened here with this bug, but I don't know, I'm sorry.

I hope my post doesn't come across as bagging on the app, it's very good overall and does what it says on the tin. I'll be buying it next time I fire it up, I just hope that the development is still ongoing on this app.

Old 10-30-2012, 03:27 PM   #178
Adeering
Recipes 

Thanks for the comments and the app is still (and will be for awhile) in development.

-Ill look into the rewriting, I had a similar problem when I was first developing the app and thought I fixed out all the bugs with it. Probably what is happening is its opening the cached version it creates so you think its rewriting over it. Then when you exit the app. It actually does reopen it. Ill look into it and see what I can do.

-I wasnt fully happy with the mash/boil switch button either, unfortunately currently I stuck in afghanistan deployed and only have my laptop to do work and dont have the required resources to do graphics or make it better. I figured it would do until I can either figure out a way to change it on my laptop. Or get home in january

-I have heard from a couple people about the timer issue and have several times worked on trying to reproduce the problem. Unfortunately it isnt an error that is registered so I have nothing to go on. Neither can I get it to reproduce on my devices. It is still on my list of things to trouble shoot and hopefully fix. As a preventive technique for you though trying to limit the amount of times you go to the home page and back into the app should help avoid it. Somewhere in the pulling back up multiple times it gets confused (not sure how) typically though even though the display says an hour it is still running in the background and will still alert on time.

Thank you for purchasing and your support, every little bit helps with the time I have put into this. And glad you like. I am always open to bug reports and suggestions that are constructive (some people tend to word their comments poorly but you did not) and working to make the best possible app. Just ask for everyone to realize Im not a professional app maker and doing this in my free time.

Enjoy and make some good beer

Old 11-01-2012, 09:14 AM   #179
Adeering
Recipes 

Update going up today not a lot of changes but a couple good ones

-Fixed the link between dropbox and the app so that the dropbox takes priority and doesnt allow updating unless the two versions match

-Fixed the timer switch button so to be more obvious and user friendly (let me know if its better)

Old 11-02-2012, 06:21 PM   #180
FullDraw
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I don't get it.

I understand one timer at a time, but how do I switch between them. The screen is big enough for both.

For me, I can see the Mash timer, but the button is half cutoff. No boil timer.

If it magically appears after the mash is zero, great. But if the program resets, i don't have time to run one then the other.

Quick Reply