The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Android BrewAide-Brew Day Assistant- Free

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2012, 01:19 PM   #161
sweeperkeeper
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

sad day not compatible with my phone. looks awesome tho!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2012, 03:49 PM   #162
Mysticmead
Recipes 

Liked 67 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeperkeeper View Post
sad day not compatible with my phone. looks awesome tho!!!
what phone and version of Android are you running? I'll be up for an upgrade soon and dont want to get one that this isn't compatible with.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:03 AM   #163
Adeering
Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Dont worry about it Mysticmead, if you are upgrading then it should be compatible, he probably has an older version of androind (2.2 probably) it should work for 2.3 and above and 4 inch screens and above (although it wont prevent you from downloading with a smaller screen just wont look as nice)

Kegged: Hop n Pop #54
Bottled: None
Next Brews: Dionysus' Ambrosia, an Amber Ale, Dragons Breath, and many more

Check out my Android Brew Day Assistant BrewAide
Mysticmead Likes This 
Old 09-13-2012, 12:45 PM   #164
FullDraw
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I was really just talking about the alarm when you start the timer. Like, hit the button, brrrringgggg (in my case since i have no idea how to change that sound). I do not want the timer silent. It's not really a big deal, but thought I'd clarify. Also, I restarted my phone, ran the boil timer again, no issues this time.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. - Steven Wright

Old 09-14-2012, 04:25 AM   #165
Adeering
Recipes 

That initial alarm is usually because there is an addition right at the start. If you delete that addition than there wont be a sound. Glad it worked for you and hope you are enjoying the app

Old 09-14-2012, 06:13 PM   #166
FullDraw
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 7

That would explain it then. 60 min hop addition will coincide with starting the timer.

I guess the mash does it too based on some other similar factor.

Since you cleared that up for me and I still like the app, is there a line that can be added to the settings so we can access our other tones on the phone? Despite my trying, I'm having to luck changing my default alarm sound, which is the one the app utilizes.

FYI, guys, get the app if you can. Simple.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. - Steven Wright

Old 10-01-2012, 02:56 PM   #167
Adeering
Recipes 

Ok guys, I have been away for awhile on the forum, as I have been in Afghanistan and flying non stop so havent had much time to do much and the internet here isnt the greatest (i get an average of 128KB/sec down which makes me cry sometimes).

But I finally got around to opening up eclipse and doing some programming and have an update to the app for you. Not too much added but 2 new features that are pretty helpful.

1. Ability to move the install of the app from the phone storage to an SD Card, this should have been like that from the start since its a super easy fix. Just never thought about it until it was requested by a user.

2. While discussing the app with one of my friends here with me he randomly said a feature that I thought would be very useful and decided to implement it. Now at the bottom of the brew steps you can choose to set reminders for the different events (Transfer to secondary, bottle, drink) on your calendar and set an alarm. This is useful as sometimes we forget about a batch while its stashed away in a fermenter (or closet).

Hope you enjoy and the update should be up and available as soon as google updates it.

On another note, Brad from beersmith has released his own android/apple app for beerSmith. He is charging 3.99 if i remember right. Im still going to work on my app and continue to provide support for it as well as release updates. Brad has expressed that he will not help me with the BeerSmith Cloud integration and supply the information needed, so if you must have that versus dropbox (and google drive soon) then I recommend supporting him as he has done wonderful work with beerSmith and deserves all the support. My app will stay free with ads and be available as an alternative.

terrapinj Likes This 
Old 10-01-2012, 03:49 PM   #168
Mysticmead
Recipes 

Liked 67 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeering View Post
Ok guys, I have been away for awhile on the forum, as I have been in Afghanistan and flying non stop so havent had much time to do much and the internet here isnt the greatest (i get an average of 128KB/sec down which makes me cry sometimes).

But I finally got around to opening up eclipse and doing some programming and have an update to the app for you. Not too much added but 2 new features that are pretty helpful.

1. Ability to move the install of the app from the phone storage to an SD Card, this should have been like that from the start since its a super easy fix. Just never thought about it until it was requested by a user.

2. While discussing the app with one of my friends here with me he randomly said a feature that I thought would be very useful and decided to implement it. Now at the bottom of the brew steps you can choose to set reminders for the different events (Transfer to secondary, bottle, drink) on your calendar and set an alarm. This is useful as sometimes we forget about a batch while its stashed away in a fermenter (or closet).

Hope you enjoy and the update should be up and available as soon as google updates it.

On another note, Brad from beersmith has released his own android/apple app for beerSmith. He is charging 3.99 if i remember right. Im still going to work on my app and continue to provide support for it as well as release updates. Brad has expressed that he will not help me with the BeerSmith Cloud integration and supply the information needed, so if you must have that versus dropbox (and google drive soon) then I recommend supporting him as he has done wonderful work with beerSmith and deserves all the support. My app will stay free with ads and be available as an alternative.
stay safe over there... as far as Beersmith version.. I have over 10gb of dropbox space... for free. to use the BSmith cloud I'd have to pay... then pay to use his app? I'm all for buying Beersmith to use on the PC, but not for the phone. that should be included with the PC app. Brad is a great guy and I know he's trying to make a living however, times are tough for everyone..

Thank YOU for making this app and keeping it free. (it does everything the Bsmith lite app does except cloud)

Old 10-02-2012, 05:42 AM   #169
Adeering
Recipes 

Thanks Mystic, I appreciate your support, let me know what you think of the new reminders feature.

Old 10-02-2012, 01:04 PM   #170
Sjorge3442
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

is there anyway for me to get the APK file for this? I'm looking to convert it to BAR for use on my playbook.

Quick Reply