Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Android BrewAide-Brew Day Assistant- Free

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2012, 06:18 PM   #131
FullDraw
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Huh, must have been my big drunk thumbs, it's not doing it now. I finished my brew. Only hitch was no alarm for a 5 minute aroma hop addition. I do see that beersmith timer also messes this up, having it happen after the boil is complete. Unless I'm reading a 5 min addition wrong. DroidX Fyi.

Nice to do one without paper. Suggestion though. I really like how you have the Brix number in () next to the actual number, but for a guy like me using a refractometer, can you put another space for entering the Brix? I'm thinking linked somehow to the prefermentation tool to auto convert. Saves me from hitting the tools, and just entering. Petty? I can ask.

CK

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. - Steven Wright

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2012, 11:05 AM   #132
Adeering
Recipes 

Liked 46 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayuga View Post
Only hitch was no alarm for a 5 minute aroma hop addition. I do see that beersmith timer also messes this up, having it happen after the boil is complete. Unless I'm reading a 5 min addition wrong. DroidX Fyi.

Nice to do one without paper. Suggestion though. I really like how you have the Brix number in () next to the actual number, but for a guy like me using a refractometer, can you put another space for entering the Brix? I'm thinking linked somehow to the prefermentation tool to auto convert. Saves me from hitting the tools, and just entering. Petty? I can ask.

CK
For the Aroma hop, that is different than a boil addition you do later so to add more aroma and less bitter. In beersmith the aroma hop addition comes after the boil, think hopback type addition. If you are adding it in the last 5 minutes of the boil you want to use the Boil option.

As for the brix input, its a feature Ive considered many times. Ive been playing around with the idea of auto converting if the input is more than 2 as youll never have a SG greater than 2 or a brix lower than 2 and that way I could bypass all the hard stuff. Its on the list to do. But Ive been busy and since Ive got it to a stable and working release with 95% of the features I want, hasnt been on top of my priority to work on it at the moment. But as i get input from users I do make some adjustments.

Edit:
So added in the auto convert for all gravity inputs and released an update with some other minor fixes. So now anywhere that asks for an SG input can take either SG or Brix
Kegged: None :(
Bottled: None
Next Brews: Pumpkin Ale, Unknown

Old 07-02-2012, 11:54 AM   #133
FullDraw
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 7

No problem. I unnderstand the aroma addition, and your idea for the greater than 2 makes sense. Just tossing the idea out there. Otherwise, it's running smoothly, and I saved a piece of paper this brew.

And a handy tip if you have one laying around. I used an old car windshield mount for my droidx and just suctioned it onto the window next to my brewstand. Perfect, eye level, couldn't beat it.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. - Steven Wright

Old 07-13-2012, 01:20 PM   #134
stevea1210
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Issue on galaxy s3 with ICS

First off, love the app. On my droidX it worked great. However I just got an S3 running ice cream sandwich, and it isn't working so good.

In Landscape orientation all of the data is piled ontop of itself, making it unreadable. In portrait everything seems to be fine.

Please see the image for a good look.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ezna2wpei9...2011.44.40.png

You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel. - Homer Jay Simpson

Old 07-13-2012, 01:33 PM   #135
Adeering
Recipes 

Thanks for the info, I guess the new galaxy s3 registers as a tablet, ill look into it over the weekend and get it fixed

Old 07-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #136
stevea1210
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

If there's and additional info I can provide, or if there's anything you want me to test, let me know. I'm more than happy to help.

You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel. - Homer Jay Simpson

Old 07-13-2012, 06:24 PM   #137
vince805
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Just got my wife an S3 to upgrade from her Fascinate, so now the Fascinate will be added into my control panel using your app! Excited to try it out, looks great though!

Old 07-14-2012, 12:11 PM   #138
Adeering
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea1210 View Post
If there's and additional info I can provide, or if there's anything you want me to test, let me know. I'm more than happy to help.
Just released a small update that should fix the problem. The new S3 has such a big display that it was registering it as a tablet. Put more confines on the requirements and should work now. Was only able to test on an emulator so let me know if it works.

Hope everyone is enjoying the app and just my little plug, if you want no ads or just feel like helping, donations are always appreciated and welcome

Old 07-19-2012, 03:09 PM   #139
mcberry
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Runs pretty good on my Nexus 7 w/ Jellybean. Some of the text is too light to read, but gets the job done! I was actually going to write something similar to this, but no need to reinvent the wheel! Nice app, thanks!

Old 07-19-2012, 11:56 PM   #140
opusx11
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Twice I've only noticed the light text on the changelog dialog box after update, but kept forgetting to update. The colour of the font is a white, and I think the colour of the dialog box is too light to clearly see it. Apart from this no issues, running great, love the tools (dilution tool is handy for me)

Quick Reply