Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Android Beer Battery Widget

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2010, 03:10 PM   #1
LOUBrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Android Beer Battery Widget

Hey everyone. I just released "Beer Battery Widget" in the Android Market and it displays the remaining battery percentage as a glass of beer (along with an exact % readout if you want it). Everyone needs a battery widget, so why not stare at a beer all day?? This is version 1.0, so I'll be making numerous upgrades/enhancements in future releases. Right now, you can select three different styles of beer to display in standard pint glasses. More styles/colors/glassware will be included in later editions. These are all photo-realistic, high-quality images and there is NO ADWARE/SPYWARE like some other beer battery widgets.

If you've got any ideas/comments/suggestions, post them in this thread or on my website. Thanks!

Here's the link to the webpage.

And the QR Code to install it from the Market:

And a couple of screenshots:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2010, 03:12 PM   #2
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2754 Times on 2705 Posts
Likes Given: 112

Does it have to display it 3 times?? Or is that an example of 3 display options? Seems a bit redundant and screen hogging. Other than that, this seems like a neat little thing. Any chance of doing one for iphone/ipod?

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas. :o - marubozo

Old 12-16-2010, 03:20 PM   #3
LOUBrew
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
Does it have to display it 3 times?? Or is that an example of 3 display options? Seems a bit redundant and screen hogging. Other than that, this seems like a neat little thing. Any chance of doing one for iphone/ipod?
Good question. No it doesn't have to display it three times. The screenshots are just for illustration purposes. You have the option of installing it as a 1x1 or 2x1 widget so it only takes up one or two blocks of space on your home screen (out of 16). I'm still looking into doing one for the iPhone, but it's more difficult since iOS doesn't allow for live widgets like this. I'll keep everyone here posted.

Quick Reply