All Grain Yeast:
Safale US-05 Yeast Starter:
No Additional Yeast or Yeast Starter:
- Batch Size (Gallons):
1 Original Gravity:
1.067 Final Gravity:
- Boiling Time (Minutes):
- Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp):
30 @ 70F` Additional Fermentation:
10 @ 70F Secondary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp):
10 @ 70F Tasting Notes:
Easy, delicious cider. Sweet, sparkling, blackberry goodness.
1 gallon Apple Juice
6.5 oz White Sugar
13.5 oz Fresh Blackberries (primary)
18 oz Fresh Blackberries (secondary)
1. Soak first round of blackberries in vodka for 10 minutes, then drain.
2. Pour half of cider into primary.
3. Add sugar to remaining cider and shake jug well.
4. Add blackberries and cider/sugar mixture to primary.
5. Pitch yeast.
6. Ferment till dry (~30 days/1.003)
7. Soak second round of blackberries in vodka for 10 minutes, then drain.
8. Add blackberries to secondary and rack cider on top of it.
9. Rack to tertiary after 10 days (clearing rack)
10. After 10 days, add sugar to taste (I used ~1 cup).
11. Bottle and pasteurize after desired carb level has been reached.
This was designed to be a simple blackberry cider. It contains no chemicals, and the SWMBO loves it.