After posting here and reading through the thread some....I've decided to brew batch #3. Some friends who are more schooled than me in brewing suggested I try a darker grain and some darker malt for more complexity and body.
Here is my Recipe:
- 12 oz 120l Crystal Grain
- 1.5oz Torrified Wheat
- Steeped in 1.25 gal water
- 1lb Dark DME
- 1lb Amber DME
- .5 oz Cascade pellet hops, 3.2% alpha @30 mins
- 4 gallons Mott's Apple Juice
- US-05 yeast, pitched dry over cooled wort @67 degrees
Gravity was 1.060, right on the money. Initial color is much darker than my previous two batches, it looks more like beer.
- I plan to prime with one container of frozen, thawed apple juice concentrate to try and get some apple flavor back in.