Basically a variation on Ed's recipe.
For 5 Gallons:
5 Gallons 100% Apple Juice (No preservatives or additives) I use the stuff from Wal-Mart, works well.
2 pounds of dark brown sugar.
1 five gram packet of Nottingham Dry Ale Yeast
1. Sanitize Everything!
2. Empty all but 1 gallon of apple juice into your carboy.
3. Bring that last gallon to a boil, remove from heat, and dissolve your dark brown sugar.
4. Let that cool a bit, and add it to the carboy.
5. Sprinkle your yeast on top.
6. Let ferment for at least a month (I let mine go for 2)
7. Bottle or keg (I bottled some, mostly still (no carb) and a few with 3 carbtabs.) You can carbonate it to whatever level you desire, or leave uncarbonated.
Tastes great, reminds me of a apple wine I tried in California on a visit there a while ago..