Apple-Raspberry Cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
3 cans 100% apple-raspberry concentrate juice, frozen
1 tsp. yeast nutrient
1/2 tsp. yeast energizer
1 tsp. pectin enzyme (probably not needed)
EC-1118

12 oz. fresh raspberries

Heat 1/2 gallon of water to 140*F. Add frozen concentrate, nutrient/energizer, and pectin enzyme. Add to 1-gallon jug and top off with cool water (allow room for some krausen). Pitch yeast when temp of must is ~70.

Ferment at ~65*F for 2 months. Rack off lees into new 1-gallon jug with 12 oz. fresh raspberries (washed well). Rack off raspberries and lees into new 1-gallon jug with 1 oz. light toasted oak chips (soaked in water for one hour). Rack off oak after 6 weeks, top off, and bottle whenever. I bottled with 1 oz. priming sugar.

Result was 10 12-oz bottles of sparkly cider. :mug:

I've also done this with Apple-Cherry juice (substuting fresh raspberries with 1lb frozen dark cherries).

Wow, 60 days + 6 weeks + 30days or am I reading that wrong?

Is there any bitterness from the E1118?

I prefer to bulk age my ciders, so yes, you read it right. I like to have it on the oak for ~6 weeks.

EC1118 is really clean for this recipe.

Is there anyway I can change the bottles section so the header say "in fridge" instead of "bottles"? I looked in all css files and didn't see where that text pulls from.

Edit: nevermind. Solved

Last edited:
Back