Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Cider > Apple pie turned cider

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2013, 01:59 AM   #21
cms2bit
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

I honestly wouldn't know where to begin to tell u how to bottle carb this... I've never tried I usually drink it flat. I was going to experiment with bottling this the around. I was thinking I'd just cold crash about 4 gal of it and use the fifth to experiment with carbing. Mine is about ready to do so as well, so I'll try some this weekend and let u know how things go

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2013, 02:05 AM   #22
smagic14
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by justineaton View Post
Ok I did some digging and it seems like one frozen juice concentrate in five gallons is about right as far as priming but it's probably not sweet enough for the cider, I am considering adding one frozen juice concentrate and some non fermentable sweetener or adding two-three frozen juice concentrates and doing this http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f32/easy...g-pics-193295/
This is the easiest way if your going to back sweeten the batch just make sure to fill a plastic soda bottle to check the carbination level or your going to have bottke bombs

Yea Mr White, Yea Science!

Good thing the Badgers play at 11 so I don't feel bad having a drink at 8AM

You can't drink all Day if you don't start early!

Old 10-25-2013, 12:31 PM   #23
justineaton
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Well I finaly started drinking this last night. I forgot to take a gravity reading when I started it so I don't know how strong it is but it is strong. I did all my cider in five gallon batches and this recipe is the third batch I have opened so I have had enough to play around a bit and realize I don't like it sweetened and prefer it flat which makes it easy to bottle up and not worry about carbonation levels. I thought this had almost a Carmel flavor to it and was very tasty. It was by far the best recipe I have tried so far, thanks for sharing!

Old 10-25-2013, 06:19 PM   #24
justineaton
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 10

I notice it has a bit of sweetness to it even though it has been weeks since I have seen a bubble and it is completely flat. No pressure in my bottles this morning either. Perhaps my alcohol content surpassed my yeasts tolerance level of it. I guess it is the carbonation I don't like not sweetness, if I bottle some later on I think I will use les sugar in the recipe then lightly sweeten it and pasturise right away before it can carbonate or maybe just use

Quick Reply