Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Mead > Knoopster's first mead

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2010, 02:22 AM   #21
knipknup
Bloody John Roberts
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Well, I pulled a small glass from this today... just over three years old now. I guess not too old for mead, but it is still kinda sparkling. Here's a pic...
The glass is dirty (though it looked clean, blame my awesome android camera) and the goods are cloudier than they were earlier. I may need to pull a second glass to see clarity, but I'm not gonna...

Sharp hot honey to the nose with sweetness following.
Smooth up front but hot across the tongue and not very sparkling, though there are some bubbles. I have not had gas on the keg for over two years.

It is a bit too strong for my taste, but not turpentine anymore.

Wow! I just noticed, it has been a year since the last pic posted. That wasn't planned (at least by me).

Anyone wanting to try some and driving through the SLC area, give me a pm...

Every pirate lives for something different. For some, it's the open sea. For others (the masochists), it's the food. For you, it's definitely the fighting. Two things complete your pirate persona: style and swagger. Maybe a little too much swagger sometimes -- but who really cares? Arr!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2010, 10:26 PM   #22
knipknup
Bloody John Roberts
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I just had a taste of this and it is very clear now and smooth. No alcohol hotness at all, though a pretty sweet taste. 3 1/2 years has definitely done a number to this in a positive way. I may just be inspired to do another 5 gallons. I never did bottle it, it has been sitting in a keg the whole time. I am sure there is more than half a keg left, or more. I'm tempted to pull a couple bottles and enter in a competition now.

Every pirate lives for something different. For some, it's the open sea. For others (the masochists), it's the food. For you, it's definitely the fighting. Two things complete your pirate persona: style and swagger. Maybe a little too much swagger sometimes -- but who really cares? Arr!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply