Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Wine > Loquat (Japanese Plum) Wine

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2013, 02:01 AM   #11
Rob_B
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquiditynerd

Well I'm glad the photo with that last post didn't upload, that woulda been pure mean. Yea, birds not so much, maybe here and there, squirrels, well we have recipes for those. If you're near savannah I'll give you 10 gallons, lol
Yeah, I just passed through that area the other day. Was in Charleston and the loquats there were looking good, some ripe most not.

I think I'll just hold off until my own fruit are ready to work with. Have so many trees but they are the tallest I've ever seen and hard to harvest. They've been reaching beyond all our live oaks to get some sun. My dog on the otter hand has had her fill this season with all the ones that've dropped to the ground. Been doing her part to spread some seed!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2013, 11:28 PM   #12
Kdog22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 82

I want to try this recipe. My neighbors have a large loquat tree that overhangs in my yard. Therefore I get x amount of loquats every season.. lol

I'm going to plant a couple seeds this year so hopefully I can grow one of my own, soon. This year I only got a couple dozen or so before the squirrels got to the rest of them so maybe next year.

Old 04-24-2013, 02:20 AM   #13
Vigo_Carpathian
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 146 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 8

I have a loquat tree in my yard. It has tons of fruit right now too. Perfect timing. I'm making this real soon.

Old 04-24-2013, 03:10 PM   #14
liquiditynerd
Recipes 

Liked 87 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdog22
I want to try this recipe. My neighbors have a large loquat tree that overhangs in my yard. Therefore I get x amount of loquats every season.. lol

I'm going to plant a couple seeds this year so hopefully I can grow one of my own, soon. This year I only got a couple dozen or so before the squirrels got to the rest of them so maybe next year.
You could plant a seed on the moon and it'll prolly grow! We do" thin the herd" every fall, gotta keep em in check. There are also two different families of owls, two hawks, and a falcon nearby to help out. Do your neighbors let you pick from their yard? My friends yard smells like a distillery if we don't pick it clean and it attracts flies and hornets.

....just add water.....

Old 05-02-2013, 11:38 PM   #15
trujunglist
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 104

I'm going to make a batch of something like this this weekend. The fruit is coming around in the neighbors yard and plenty to be had on my side of the fence, so I should use it since they don't even touch them. I was thinking about asking if I could go into their yards to get to them because it seems such a shame to waste such delicious fruit. My method will differ slightly in that I plan on juicing the loquats with my steam juicer, testing the SG, then adding sugar from there depending on what I want. Gotta go pick up some acid blend tomorrow and maybe some energizer and I'll be ready to go. Already picked 6 pounds in 10 minutes, which should be almost enough juice to get a gallon fermenting. I plan on picking as many as I can anyway and then just freezing the juice. On another note, the apple tree is already starting to look really good. More graff is in the future... perhaps loquat apple graff?

Old 05-03-2013, 12:04 AM   #16
liquiditynerd
Recipes 

Hell yeah, good call on the juicing. the wieght may vary though because the seeds are fairly large and they have alot of pulp. I have a couple batches going now, a couple huge bags in the freezer, and a tree to finish picking. Love this time of year, bleuberries are next! awwww yeah, bleuberry mead up in this...

....just add water.....

trujunglist Likes This 
Old 05-03-2013, 03:56 PM   #17
Brewerone
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

image-1882807857.jpg

Here are a few batch of Japanese Plum wine.
image-3735762134.jpg   image-1452986572.jpg  
Old 05-03-2013, 05:20 PM   #18
trujunglist
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 104

Just a few...! Very nice. Look at all that beautiful fruit. What a gorgeous sight to behold.

Old 06-01-2013, 02:44 AM   #19
Brewerone
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

30 days after starting Japanese Plum wine. Just racked it, degased it, & added super clear to it.

image-1575763609.jpg

Old 06-01-2013, 03:22 AM   #20
liquiditynerd
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewerone
30 days after starting Japanese Plum wine. Just racked it, degased it, & added super clear to it.

image-2765973647.jpg

Awesome, I'm ready to bottle the first, and squash the second. Fun times, eh?

....just add water.....

Quick Reply

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS