All Grain Yeast:
Montrachete Batch Size (Gallons):
5 Original Gravity:
1.112 Final Gravity:
N/A Boiling Time (Minutes):
Light Yellow or Pink Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp):
18 Days @ ~70F Secondary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp):
Until Stable Tasting Notes:
VERY similar to Mikes Hard lemonade
10# Regular Cane Sugar
7 Containers off brand lemonade concentrate
3 Containers limeade OR pink lemonade concentrate
1pkt Redstar Montrachet Yeast (have used yeast cake left from the cherry pie wine as well)
1 tbls Energizer
1 tbls Nutrient
Water to 5-6 Gallons
1) Dissolved sugar in 3-4 Gallons of H2O.
2) Placed concentrate in primary while sugar dissolves over med-low heat.
3) Added sugar water to primary
4) Started yeast in mason jar of combined solution at ~85F.
5) Pitched yeast into brewbucket and added water to bring to 6 gal
Sat in an Ale Pail on my kitchen counter for two weeks. Regular room temp 70F-75F
Used blue plastic 5gal water jug (the type found at lowes etc).
Continued fermenting at 70F-75F until bubbling has almost completely ceased
Bottled into 12oz beer bottles with crown caps
~~Notes & Comments~~
- Limeade version tastes so much like mikes hard lemonade it's crazy
- Pink lemonade version is still bubbling... I'll report back later
~~Moral of the story~~
Cheap. Yummy. Enjoyed by all.