All Grain Yeast:
Montrachete Batch Size (Gallons):
5 Original Gravity:
N/A Final Gravity:
N/A Boiling Time (Minutes):
Dark Purple Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp):
35 days @ ~70F Secondary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp):
Until Stable Tasting Notes:
Best comparison is communion wine
10# Regular Cane Sugar
7 Containers 100% Grape Juice
5 Containers Cranberry Concentrate
1pkt Redstar Montrachet Yeast
1 tbls Energizer
1 tbls Nutrient
Water to 5-6 Gallons
1) Dissolved sugar in 3-4 Gallons of H2O.
2) Placed concentrate in primary while sugar dissolves over med-low heat.
3) Added sugar water to primary
4) Started yeast in mason jar of combined solution at ~85F.
5) Pitched yeast into brewbucket and added water to bring to 6 gal
Sat in an Ale Pail on my kitchen counter for two weeks. Regular room temp 70F-75F
Used blue plastic 5gal water jug (the type found at lowes etc).
Continued fermenting at 70F-75F until bubbling has almost completely ceased
NOTE: Seems I tend bottle too soon and my bottles are rather carbed. If you fear for bottle bombs wait a little longer to bottle. But the sparkling nature of the wine makes it WAY better and more fun.
Bottled into 24 regular 750ml wine bottles.
~~Notes & Comments~~
- VERY bubbly after a few weeks.
~~Moral of the story~~
Cheap. Yummy. Enjoyed by all.