Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Specialty Beer > Multiple - Slim's Graham Cracker Ale 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #141
VOCBrewery
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Doing 10 gallons this weekend. Has anyone fermented about 73*? and how did it turn out?

Thanks for the great looking recipe Slim

Primary #1: Westvleteren 12 clone
Primary #2: Empty
Primary #3: Newell's Groundhog Cider
Secondary #1: Slim's Graham Cracker Ale 2.0
Secondary #2: Empty
Secondary #3: Empty
Keg #1: Left Hand Milk Stout clone
Keg #2: Dogfish head 90 minute IPA clone
Keg #3: Newell's Groundhog Cider

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2013, 11:50 PM   #142
maturemutation
Recipes 

@VOCBrewery I made a batch of this about 3 weeks ago and it was in primary at roughly 68 degree's for 14 days (last 5 with vanilla beans). When I racked to secondary i did snag about 20 ounces and put into the fridge for a day. I then carbonated it and proceeded to devour it! I am will end up letting this one site for a few months cause currently the vanilla is overpowering most of the other flavors. When I make another batch of this in the future I will likely substitute the cocoa powder because the current batch might force me to buy a filter setup before putting in a keg due to the cocoa.

Old 08-09-2013, 06:41 AM   #143
SD-SLIM
Recipes 

Liked 49 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by maturemutation
@VOCBrewery I made a batch of this about 3 weeks ago and it was in primary at roughly 68 degree's for 14 days (last 5 with vanilla beans). When I racked to secondary i did snag about 20 ounces and put into the fridge for a day. I then carbonated it and proceeded to devour it! I am will end up letting this one site for a few months cause currently the vanilla is overpowering most of the other flavors. When I make another batch of this in the future I will likely substitute the cocoa powder because the current batch might force me to buy a filter setup before putting in a keg due to the cocoa.
I kegged this beer several times and had no issue with using cocoa.

Old 08-13-2013, 04:39 PM   #144
kengetty
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

My home brew club is planning a October party and I am thinking of making a Cereal Killer series consisting of three childhood breakfast cereal favorites. Golden Grahams would be the take here and wondering on how much honey comes through here and if I need to scale down the grain bill a bit so the beer isn't too hot. Party will be on October 26th, 2013. Any and all thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

Old 08-13-2013, 05:37 PM   #145
SD-SLIM
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kengetty
My home brew club is planning a October party and I am thinking of making a Cereal Killer series consisting of three childhood breakfast cereal favorites. Golden Grahams would be the take here and wondering on how much honey comes through here and if I need to scale down the grain bill a bit so the beer isn't too hot. Party will be on October 26th, 2013. Any and all thoughts and suggestions are welcome.
Just make sure that whatever cereal you decided to use, that its not packed full of preservatives...those will not ferment out and leave a nasty taste.

Old 08-13-2013, 06:13 PM   #146
kengetty
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The Cereal Killer concept would just beers inspired by breakfast cereal...not the actual fermentables . So I would be trying to hold true to your recipe Slim, trying to decide if a little honey or a bump in honey malt needs to be added.

Old 08-14-2013, 12:03 AM   #147
SD-SLIM
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kengetty
The Cereal Killer concept would just beers inspired by breakfast cereal...not the actual fermentables . So I would be trying to hold true to your recipe Slim, trying to decide if a little honey or a bump in honey malt needs to be added.
I a little honey malt might not hurt, but the beer is on the sweeter side already

Old 08-26-2013, 11:10 PM   #148
Nike_Eayrs
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 24

The graham cracker addition intrigues me. Has anybody seen adverse effects with the amount of butter in them. I have read a lot of bad things about the varying graham cracker extracts, and this sounds awesome!!! Cheers!

Old 08-28-2013, 09:26 PM   #149
FLBrew
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 3 Posts

Picked up grain, hops and yeast today. Went with WLP 007...I like making yeast starters. I will be picking up the rest of ingredients and brewing on Saturday. I'll let you know how it goes.

Old 08-28-2013, 09:56 PM   #150
jonnyp1980
Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I brewed a stout variation. Finally snuck taste although not ready. I used 5 bags of graham crackers. Vanilla beans soaked in gentleman jack with some cinnamon and ginger. First impression? So far it tastes kinda like a tootsie roll. Don't really get the graham cracker taste yet. Won't know until its fully carbed.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Homebrew...?feature=watch

Quick Reply