Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Specialty Beer > All-Grain - Jolly Roger Christmas Ale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2012, 11:45 PM   #21
troyh
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 20 Posts

I took this to a local homebrew fest and others agreed it was a clone of Jolly Roger.

I finally got to compare to the real Jolly Roger before killing the keg. It's very close, mine was more hoppy. Even after a month since dry-hopping it, it's got a nice strong aroma. Next time I'll cut all (boil and dry) the hops a little and I bet its a perfect clone. I'll make this every year!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 01:57 PM   #22
humann_brewing
More Humann than human
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 309 Times on 307 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyh View Post
I took this to a local homebrew fest and others agreed it was a clone of Jolly Roger.

I finally got to compare to the real Jolly Roger before killing the keg. It's very close, mine was more hoppy. Even after a month since dry-hopping it, it's got a nice strong aroma. Next time I'll cut all (boil and dry) the hops a little and I bet its a perfect clone. I'll make this every year!
That is great to hear, thanks for sharing. I never had a chance to put this side by side but in my mind, I knew it would be more hoppy but that was intended for me at least. I wonder if they even dry hop it, probably not 7 years ago but I bet they do now.

Anyways, thanks for sharing, glad you like it. I spent quite a bit of time researching this one and the brewery was not very nice about sharing any info, I was just guessing based on taste descriptions and the style (19A).

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply