Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Specialty Beer > All-Grain - India Brown Ale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2010, 06:31 AM   #11
permo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 21 Posts

I am wondering about your grain bill and hop selection on this one. The bottle of this ale states on the label that it uses only cascade hops in five different addtions. Additionally the label states that the unique character comes from biscuit and chocolate malts.

I find it very odd that your clone contains none of the ingrediants of the original, outside of the choco malt. Not that your bew doesn' t sound great, cause it does....but i don't think it is an accurate reproduction of the original.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2010, 02:39 PM   #12
Lil' Sparky
Cowboys EAC
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 33 Posts

permo - I don't see where he's trying to clone a particular brewery's India Brown - just shooting for the style - and you didn't say exactly which one you were drinking. How much of that did you drink before your post?

Old 03-14-2010, 03:35 PM   #13
permo
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Sparky View Post
permo - I don't see where he's trying to clone a particular brewery's India Brown - just shooting for the style - and you didn't say exactly which one you were drinking. How much of that did you drink before your post?
YOu are right, I was previously reading an article on Boulders Flashback India Brown Ale, it must have still been fresh in my mind.

My apologies!

Old 03-14-2010, 04:01 PM   #14
Professor Frink

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Sparky View Post
You are correct. The beer I was trying to loosely model was Terrapin's India Brown, but the recipe was really designed to make it to style.
On tap:Amber Ale
Milk Stout

Lagering:

http://www.lazydogbrewery.com

Quick Reply