My brew of this has been in the fermentor for a week now. I'm about to transfer to the secondary. I used 8lbs. Light DME and because of what seems to be a nationwide lack of simcoe hops right now I just used some left over Northern Brewer hops from my last brew. Oh and I did a 3.5 gallon boil and topped off to 5 gallons in the fermentor, I mixed the solution very well and got a good OG so it's definitely not a 6 gallon batch. My OG was 1.0865 (i put the 5 there because it wasn't quite 1.087 but almost). I used a small pinch of saffron, roughly 20 threads worth. I was able to get the proper grape juice concentrate from the wine section of northernbrewer.com.
I didn't put a blow off hose on it but I did have a little bubble out of my airlock the night after adding the grape juice. No explosion though. My primary is a 6 gallon fermentor so maybe the extra headspace helped out there.
I'll keep everyone posted on how she turns out.