Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Spice/Herb/Vegetable Beer > Partial - Scary Balz Pumpkin Ale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #51
CrookedTail
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnCapJake View Post
Tried this today after 2 weeks in the bottles. In all honesty it's just okay to me but my inexperience could very well be the issue. I'm not entirely sure, but I think what I may be tasting is extremely green beer. It's got a flavor I can't put my finger on and a scent that smells off. The spice smell is masked by something else. Is this recipe typically a quick turn around or does it require a bit of aging?
How old is it? This beer needs at least 6 weeks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2013, 01:16 AM   #52
AnCapJake
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrookedTail View Post
How old is it? This beer needs at least 6 weeks.
It will be 6 weeks old Friday 10/25. In an odd turn of events, I tried another today and it tasted quite a bit better already, just after another 24 hours. I am going to indulge in it tonight because...well...it's Thursday. I have a pretty good feeling this will improve within the next week or two. Another issue could have been the amount of spices I used. I used pumpkin pie spice so it's a bit different from the original recipe.

Old 08-25-2014, 01:10 PM   #53
AshleyHelton37
Recipes 

How did you "rack over the vanilla?"

Also - would you mind adding at what times you added the ingredients to the boil? I have not brewed in a year and am a bit rusty on when to add ingredients to a boil.

Thanks!

Quick Reply