Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Spice/Herb/Vegetable Beer > All-Grain - Sarano Blonde Pepper Beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2011, 05:47 PM   #11
JerseyJoe
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Nice job sdragon! Congrats on 2nd place. Thanks for sharing the tasting notes manortc and the recipe sdragon.

Would you say that the pepper flavor comes through because it isn't too malty? Or would say the peppers would taste better in a amber done more to style i.e. malty?

I plan to head the direction of more balance and try your Serrano idea in close style an american pale ale. Grain bill is close to yours: 8 and 3/4# Pale Domestic , 1/2# Munich, 1/2# Cara Munich, 1/4#Cara Vienna, hops are nugget 60m, cascade 15m, Kent G 5m (3/4ozea) fermenting with Wyeast London ESB. Serrano's in the 2nd.

Will let you know brewing next weekend.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2011, 07:01 PM   #12
manortc
Recipes 

I think the pepper flavor was strong enough to still come through even if there was more malt and caramel aromas and hop bitterness in the flavor of this beer. It may be tough to get this balance just right with getting enough of the beer to show through the peppers without having too much in the beer.

Old 03-28-2011, 03:53 AM   #13
Sdragon980
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

I agree, I think the peppers will come through either way. I was planning on bumping up the pale malt and vienna a bit plus maybe adding a little Munich.
After reading my notes, I actually used my own hops in this beer but I think I'll stay with the same hops but adding a little more at the beginning and end of the boil.
The one thing that I have always felt about this beer is that it seems light. I wanted a little bit more body to it. I'll find it though.

Quick Reply