Originally Posted by MacGruber
I just made this again today. 5 gallon batch and I hit 85% efficiency for the first time ever. OG was 1.100 PA 13%. I'm hoping that it finishes around the 1.033 mark for a respectable and sweet 9%er. This time, instead of actual pumpkin, I used two cans of Libby's Pure Pumpkin mixed with the spices and baked it at 350 for about 45 minutes. That went into two nylon paint strainer bags and steeped in the wort for the last 15 minutes and cool down. I also put a charge of 1/2 tsp each spice in at 15 minutes left as well. It still smelled great, just like last year. We'll see if it's as good or better than the one I made last year!
Wow, that's great efficiency and you're going to have a monster beer on your hands if it attenuates.
I'm brewing mine this Sunday. I have a 2L starter of ESB/English Ale going now, plus I'm going to step it up again with another 2L which should result in about 700 billion cells for the 11 gallons. I'm stoked to have 2 full kegs this year!