Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Spice/Herb/Vegetable Beer > Honey Habanero Cream Ale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2013, 12:13 PM   #11
MisterZ
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicsoundz

The best part of all of this (in a married man's mind) is that my wife LOVES the recipe too.

Good luck!
Yup, I know about that. My wife has finally taken a shine to something I cooked up, and it's a Kolsch that I tweaked a little. So I'll need to whip up another batch of that, and I did promise a co-worker a half batch of the wine of her choice in exchange for all of her wine making equipt. But I'll get to this pepper beer eventually. I'm guessing at 3 each of the Jalapenos and Serranos, but leaving in the seeds and using a boil bag to keep them out of the fermenter. Thanks again for the info.

"Sure I like children...If they're cooked properly" - W.C. Fields

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2013, 02:33 PM   #12
tackett
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 13

When I picked out the flesh, it included the seeds if they wanted to hitch a ride.

I'm glad everyone is enjoying this recepie. I really liked how sweet the beer turned out. Goes great with the heat.

I'm very proud of this recepie, the peppers need tweaked a little depending on your tastes but the core beer recepie I really like. I may brew a batch with no peppers at all just to see what the cream ale tastes like by itself

Bottled - The Fugly Blonde
Gone - accidental Belgian IPA
Hanks Hefeweissen
White Horse Belgian White
Honey habanero cream ale
Cream Stout

Old 05-29-2013, 07:08 PM   #13
MisterZ
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tackett
When I picked out the flesh, it included the seeds if they wanted to hitch a ride.
On the topic of how much peppers to add:
I just re-racked a one gal batch of raspberry / blackberry / serrano mead. Two fair size serranos split length-wise and dropped raw into the secondary (with seeds) for one month has it right between warm and hot. Just about right for my taste. Now it's off the fruit and peppers, and it needs to age / mellow out for a few months. Months. Damn. Still undecided on how many peppers to add to a brew. I did see an image of a hot pepper Saison the other day on Google. Interesting.

"Sure I like children...If they're cooked properly" - W.C. Fields

Quick Reply